WOMEN ON FARMS PROJECT
Women on Farms Project (WFP) is a feminist NGO based in Stellenbosch. Our goal is to empower women farm workers to improve their living and working conditions and to achieve gender equality in the workplace, home and the farming community.
WFP is seeks to appoint an appropriately qualified Women’s Health & Empowerment Programme Coordinator to be based in Western Cape.
Coordinate the development and implementation of the WFP Women’s Health & Empowerment Programme by actively working with adult farmwomen around issues of women’s health, sexual and reproductive rights.
Skills and Experienced required:
- Relevant Social Science degree, preferably in social work or psychology
- Feminist and rights-based approach to health
- Previous experience in the NGO sector, especially working with women
- Strong understanding of and interest in the relevant political and economic context
- Ability to run effective advocacy & lobbying campaigns
- Strong management, time management and multi-tasking skills
- Ability to work independently
- Ability to liaise with funders and network partners
- Sound communication skills (written and verbal)
- English and Afrikaans language proficiency; Xhosa is an advantage
- Project management experience
- Driver’s license essential
WFP offers a competitive salary, provident fund and medical aid subsidy. Remuneration is dependant on experience and qualification.
Please forward your CV and three contactable references to: Sandra Hendricks, Reception@wfp.org.za, Fax number: 021 887 2963
Please quote the source of this advertisement in your application - NGO Pulse Portal
For more about Women on Farms Project (WFP), refer to http://www.wfp.org.za
For other vacancies in the NGO sector, refer to www.ngopulse.org/vacancies