Nexia SAB&T seeks to appoint a dynamic individual on a fixed term contract at the National Department of Health (In Pretoria) to fill the following position:
PROJECT MANAGER (REF: 03/10/20) CTC: R998 008 per annum
The National Health Laboratory Service is the major provider of diagnostic services to the state health sector. In this role, the NHLS has been fundamental in identifying, validating and implementing diagnostic platforms for SARS-CoV2 including serological testing. In their role, they have undertaken to provide serological survey data to the Department of Health nationally and provincially to inform their planning and decision making. This position is to manage both provincial and national seroprevalence surveys conducted through the NHLS laboratory testing system.
Qualification & Experience:
- Medical Scientist – MSc (NQF L9) in Laboratory Sciences & Registration in Molecular Biology, Virology or Medical Microbiology or an MPH with a diploma in Project Management or an MBBCH/MBCHB with a qualification in public health and a diploma in Project Management
- Good Clinical Laboratory Practice training
- At least 5 years’ experience in clinical trial management (including project budget)
- Scientific writing experience
- Diagnostic laboratory experience (desirable)
- Good leadership, organisational & time management skills
Roles & Responsibilities
- Obtain ethical clearance or waivers for non-diagnostic work
- Assist in developing site specific protocols (SOP’s, policies, etc.)
- Interact with partners to initiate and conduct serological surveys
- Ensure appropriate bi-directional data transfer
- Manage budget & study specific procurement
- Drafting and if necessary, presentation of reports
- Management of human resources
Please forward your request to email@example.com for the detailed job specification. Please reflect the position you intend applying for in the subject line.
Applicants who do not receive a response within 6 weeks of the closing date must regard their response as unsuccessful, as communique would only be conducted with shortlisted candidates. Nexia SAB&T reserves the right not to appoint.
THIS PROCESS IS ADMINISTERED BY NEXIA SAB&T