Isibani seeks to appoint a dynamic individual on a fixed term contract at the National Department of Health (In Pretoria) to fill the following position:
PROJECT COORDINATOR (REF: 04/10/20) CTC: R702 127 per annum
The National Health Laboratory Service is the major provider of diagnostic services to the state health sector. In this role, the NHLS has been fundamental in identifying, validating and implementing diagnostic platforms for SARS-CoV2 including serological testing. In their role, they have undertaken to provide serological survey data to the Department of Health nationally and provincially to inform their planning and decision making. This position is to provide support to the planned seroprevalence surveys under the project manager manage both provincial and national seroprevalence surveys conducted through the NHLS laboratory testing system.
Qualification & Experience:
- A medical technologist with a National Diploma in Medical Technology or a BSc or B Tech in Laboratory science registered in immunology, microbiology, virology or clinical pathology a diploma in Project Management. Further degree qualification would be advantageous
- HPCSA Registration as a medical technlogist
- Good Clinical Laboratory Practice training
- At least 5 years of experience in management of a tertiary laboratory of which at least 3 years should be at the level of laboratory manager or above
- Capability of communicating technical concepts clearly, concisely and understandably
- Good leadership, organisational & time management skills
Roles & Responsibilities
- Day-to-day administration including scheduling of study meetings and taking minutes
- Providing communication between stakeholders including regarding protocol implementation
- Data management including data entry in accordance with principles of Good Clinical Laboratory Practice, the Protection of Personal Information Act (No ) and the policies of NHLS
- Liaising with support services within the NHLS to support the project manager including with include Information Technology, Procurement and Finance and Area Technical managers.
- Establish and monitor programmes that ensure
12 Month Fixed Term Contract
Please forward your request to email@example.com for the detailed job specification. Please reflect the position you intend applying for in the subject line.
Applicants who do not receive a response within 6 weeks of the closing date must regard their response as unsuccessful, as communique would only be conducted with shortlisted candidates. Nexia SAB&T reserves the right not to appoint.
THIS PROCESS IS ADMINISTERED BY NEXIA SAB&T