Nexia SAB&T seeks to appoint a dynamic individual on a fixed term contract at the National Department of Health (In Pretoria) to fill the following position:
PATHOLOGIST (REF: 02/10/20) CTC: R1 763 911 per annum
The National Health Laboratory Service is the major provider of diagnostic services to the state health sector. In this role, the NHLS has been fundamental in identifying, validating and implementing diagnostic platforms for SARS-CoV2 including serological testing. In their role, they have undertaken to provide serological survey data to the Department of Health nationally and provincially to inform their planning and decision making. This position is to manage both provincial and national seroprevalence surveys conducted through the NHLS laboratory testing system.
Qualification & Experience:
- Pathologist with Masters of Medicine or FCPath in appropriate discipline
- PhD would be advantageous
- Clinical Laboratory Practice training
- Scientific writing experience
- Communicating technical concepts, clearly, concisely & understandably
- Good leadership, organisational & time management skills
Applicant having at least two (2) years’ experience in managing a diagnostic unit or laboratory sought to:
- Obtain ethical clearance or waivers for non-diagnostic work
- Develop site specific protocols (SOP’s, policies, etc.)
- Report & review serological tests
- Render project specific training
- Guide on clinical interpretation of testing
- Ensure appropriate bi-directional data transfer
Please forward your request to email@example.com for the detailed job specification. Please reflect the position you intend applying for in the subject line.
Applicants who do not receive a response within 6 weeks of the closing date must regard their response as unsuccessful, as communique would only be conducted with shortlisted candidates. Nexia SAB&T reserves the right not to appoint.
THIS PROCESS IS ADMINISTERED BY NEXIA SAB&T