Aquity Innovations NPC
Management Accountant – Head Office (Pretoria)
AQUITY Innovations NPC, a Section 21 South African-based registered not-for-profit organization, was established in 2010. Our mission is to promote access to quality health and social services through innovations and technology. AQUITY’s programmatic focus areas include HIV, TB, health systems strengthening, capacity development Orphans and Vulnerable Children as well as other interventions targeting key populations.
Programme and Vacancy overview:
AQUITY Innovations NPC has been appointed by the National Department of Health to serve as one of the GLOBAL FUND TB Sub-Recipients (SRs) in South Africa. The project activities will be implemented in Mpumalanga (Ehlanzeni district) and Eastern Cape provinces. (OR Tambo and Buffalo City Metro districts). As such we seek to employ the following:
AQUITY seeks to appoint l Management Accountant to be based in Gauteng, Pretoria.
Remuneration: Will be based on the government DPSA rate for similar positions.
- Responsible for grant procurement management in line with organisational polices and grant guideline. This task will include procurement solicitations and tender adverts, quote management, procurement registers and as well as keeping complete financial records for all procurement and authorisations.
- Manage grant fixed asset register, conduct asset counts, audits and verifications.
- Work with IT and HR departments in managing asset allocations, movements and records Responsible for stock management for the grant, reporting on balances and ensuring orders are made timely according to activity demands.
- Prepare and circulate bi-weekly grant management reports including variance analysis.
- Perform Cashbook and journal processing into the accounting system.
- Reconcile accounts payables and advances, if any, issued for the grant.
- Maintain register and report on accruals and commitments.
- Any other financial tasks as delegated by Finance Director.
- A Bachelor’s degree or equivalent in Accounting
- At least 2 years’ experience working in a financial management position
- Strong inter-personal skills to liaise with funders, auditors and other stakeholders.
- Strong communication, financial reporting, presentation, both oral and written.
- Above average knowledge of office packages especially Excel, SAGE Evolution and Pastel Payroll packages
- A driver’s license is a pre-requisite.
Please note: Only candidates who are eligible to work in South Africa for an indefinite period without a need for sponsorship will be considered for this position. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
To Apply go to https://aquityonline.co.za/system/recruitment before the 23 October 2020. No emailed submissions will be accepted.