Amandla Development is a nonprofit organisation that works to empower South African youth with equal access to quality education opportunities. Amandla facilitates the Philippi Collective Network, a cross-sector group that fosters a community-driven approach to improving learner wellbeing and education outcomes.
Amandla Development seeks to appoint a Finance and Operations Manager, based in Cape Town.
Start date: As soon as possible
Remuneration: Salary is competitive and commensurate with experience.
The job purpose for this Finance and Operations Manager with experience will be managing large grants for major international donors such as Global Fund and PEPFAR and experience developing operational systems for a growing NPO.As a fast-growing NGO Amandla is seeking a top-performing, highly motivated manager to implement effective financial management systems and procedures and who has experience managing an organisation through a similar stage of growth. The background and experience to meet easily the financial management requirements of major international donors is a must, along with significant background in operational and logistical management. The role will be about 50% financial management, 25% operations, and 25% HR administration.
- Refine and implement financial systems
- Communicate and train Amandla employees on new processes
- Monitor internal controls and compliance to procedures
- Develop annual operational budget in collaboration with all team members, inclusive of notes and assumptions for board approval
- Monitor income and expenditure against approved budgets
- Produce and distribute monthly management reports to agreed time scales
- Produce detailed quarterly cash flow forecasts
- Produce financial reports detailing actual expenditure against forecast to agreed timescales
- Ensure that donor financial reporting takes account of the provisions of all relevant funding contracts, including timeframes.
Strategic Financial Planning:
· Revise budgets and forecasts as required if changes to circumstances
- In conjunction with the Executive Director, set and monitor the implementation of the strategic financial objectives of Amandla inclusive of appropriate investment structures to ensure financial sustainability
Operations and HR
- Ensure that the organisation is compliant, on an ongoing basis with all statutory requirements and payments as they relate to matters such as VAT, UIF, PAYE, COIDA etc.
- Manage the organisation’s property, vehicles and equipment, including maintaining an up-to-date fixed asset register
- Developing and maintaining operational and HR systems
- Suggest and implement productivity and efficiency improvements, including IT
- Screening and selection of employees in conjunction with Executive Director, Programme Manager and Project Manager where relevant
- Minimum three to five years in a similar role
- Demonstrated, high-level proficiency with bookkeeping and financial management, budget development
- Strong knowledge of rules and regulations for donors such as Global Fund
- Demonstrated strategic management skills
- Highly skilled with Microsoft Office, especially Excel
- Organisational management with the ability to coach staff and manage a budget
- Ability to work well under pressure and manage shifting deadlines
- Availability to work with Board Treasurer on quarterly financial updates and reallocations
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Interest in community development
- Strong, demonstrated critical thinking and problem-solving skills
To apply, submit 1) a CV, (2 pages maximum), and 2) a one-page motivational letter outlining relevant experience and interest in the role to email@example.com.
Please also include 3) your most recent salary and 4) salary expectations. NB: Any applications not including ALL of this information will not be considered.
Please quote the source of this advertisement in your application - NGO Pulse Portal.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. Please no phone queries.
For more about Amandla Development, refer to www.amandladev.org.