Population Services International (PSI) South Africa Health Solutions an international NGO network operating in over 50 countries. PSI in South Africa currently concentrates on issues of HIV/ AIDS with the view to strategically expand to other public health areas. As part of its HIV/AIDS control efforts, PSI is using social marketing to motivate behaviour change concerning consistent condom use, HIV testing, and other safer behaviours.
Based at Pietermaritzburg, KwaZulu Natal, Population Services International (PSI) seeks to fill the exciting and role of:
PROVINCIAL LEAD – VOLUNTARY MEDICAL MALE CIRCUMCISION (VMMC)
The Provincial Lead will have vast experience within the HIV prevention space particularly in Voluntary Medical Male Circumcision within South Africa. The incumbent must be an experienced-dynamic individual who will work closely with and manage a diverse team towards the delivery of organisational and funder objectives. This position is an 80% position with travel and field interaction.
Key responsibilities for this exciting position include:
- Formulating a detailed implementation plan for each district in his/ her jurisdiction and consolidate these into one provincial plan in collaboration with PDOH to guide service delivery, demand creation, training, quality assurance, logistics and other aspects of the VMMC program
- Working closely with the Program manager to develop the budgets for each implementation year and requesting for funds for all district activities
- Managing staff leave by developing and monitoring an annual leave schedule for subordinates to avoid service disruption
- Guiding and supporting teams on all services delivery components in accordance with NDOH, PSI and Donor expectations
- Liaising with the Quality Assurance Manager, Provincial QA officer, Provincial and District Department of Health to identify needs and follows up on findings on Quality assessments conducted in the province
- Guiding teams to timeously order commodities from a supply chain partner to avoid stock outs and ensure uninterrupted VMMC services
- Reviewing and actioning demand creation and service delivery data on daily, weekly and monthly basis
- Compiling and submitting comprehensive and statistically accurate weekly and monthly update reports to the National VMMC Program Manager
- Continuously engaging with Provincial, and District DOH Management including service delivery teams and other stakeholders towards the scale-up of VMMC services
The Provincial Lead possess and be able to demonstrate the following attributes:
- At Minimum, a relevant post graduate qualification in Public Health and/or Social Sciences, Developmental Studies
- More than 3 years’ direct experience in implementing large scale donor funded projects including managing and supervising diverse teams
- Experience in conducting a research studies including the entire evaluation cycle, from design and formulation to implementation, analysis and presentation of results and recommendations
- Minimum 3 years’ experience within HIV funded environment
- More than 3 years’ experience of project management or general management experience
- More than 3 years’ experience in MMC service delivery including the monitoring and evaluation and Quality assurance elements of delivering large scale programs
- Valid Driver’s License and own vehicle
- Computer literate in MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook
- Demonstrated experience in the delivery of MMC programs
- Demonstrated experience managing large scale funded programs and managing teams
- Stakeholder engagement and ability to effectively and accurate draft reports for internal and external reporting
The successful incumbent must be a South African or Permanent Resident.
This is a one-year contract, renewable subject to performance and funding.
View the full job description and application instructions on the Vacancies page at www.actionappointments.co.za and email your application by Wednesday, 28th October 2020 to email@example.com