Help The Rural Child
Goedgedacht’s Help the Rural Child is a registered Non-profit Organisation (NPO) and our various charity shops contribute to the running costs of the Goedgedacht Path Onto Prosperity (POP) programmes aimed at children and youth.The Goedgedacht Trust, established in 1993, is a farm-based community support organisation situated in the Swartland region of the Western Cape. Goedgedacht, the Cape Dutch farm that is home to the Trust, dates from the early 18th century and lies on the slopes of the Kasteelberg, some 85km north of Cape Town.
Help The Rural Child seeks to appoint a Marketing Coordinator to be based Mowbray, Cape Town.
An energetic individual who will be able to co-ordinate and execute the Marketing function and associated tasks of the organisation . you will need to be proactive, use initiative and consistently explore new ways of improving the performance of the marketing function.
Reporting to:Operations Manager
- Responsible for promoting and publicising the work of HTRC
- Print and other media- overall coordination and execution of all associated media (leaflets, flyers, newspaper, radio etc.)
- Marketing Material – Ensure all material is consistently reviewed, remains relevant and up to date in design, imagery and content
- Event and campaign management- Responsible for the development, coordination and execution of various campaigns and events held throughout the year
- New Donor/ CRM – engage with new donors as required and consistently promote the HTRC brand to encourage new business. E.g. schools, churches, businesses etc.
- Data Capturing and maintenance of data base in order to correspond with customers and donors
- Social media and website – overall coordination of media platforms and content designs.
- Producing a promotional calendar pertaining to shops monthly needs i.e. decals, shop decor and relevant advertising material.
- Minimum of 3 years marketing experience
- Charity specific knowledge and experience ( preferable)
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Creative design, branding and writing skills (portfolio or samples of work required)
- Ability to build and maintain lasting relationship with prospects
- Must be competent in using applicable computer software and social media platforms
- Self-motivated, with high energy and an engaging level of enthusiasm
- Own, reliable transport and valid driver’s license
Please note this is 5 day work week position from 09h00 to 16h00 (Monday – Friday)
POSITION AVAILABLE IMMEDIATELY
If you meet the minimum requirements, please email your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org
Further communication will be limited to shortlisted candidates, should you not hear back from us within 14 days of submitting your application, please consider your application as unsuccessful.
Please quote the source of this advertisement in your application - NGO Pulse Portal
For more about Help The Rural Child , refer to www.goedgedacht.org
For other vacancies in the NGO sector, refer to www.ngopulse.org/vacancies