Family Health International (FHI 360)
Close-out Financial Audit of Non-U.S. Organizations Subrecipient under
Capacity And Development Support Program
FHI 360 is an independent non-profit organization serving in more than 70 countries, committed to resolve critical social problems throughout the world. Its mission is to improve lives in lasting ways by advancing integrated, locally driven solutions for human development. FHI 360 was awarded a ten-year, USAID-funded Capacity Development and Support (CDS) program to develop the organizational management, technical capacity and sustainability of local non-governmental organizations (NGOs) and South Africa Government (SAG) departments, to sustain an improved, expanded and country-led response to HIV and AIDS. This award includes an Orphans and Vulnerable Children and Youth (OVCY) portfolio which is implemented as a direct service delivery activity by partners (NGOs and CBOs) contracted to and managed by FHI 360 CDS.
FHI 360 seeks the services of an Audit firm to conduct a Financial close out audit of two Implementing Partners NACOSA in Cape Town and Youth for Christ in KwaZulu Natal Provinces. The two IPs were contracted by FHI 360 CDS to implement OVCY ReACH projects. The period for the close-out Audits of the Fund Accountability Statements of USAID Resources Managed by the two IPs is from April 2016 to September 2020.
3. Scope of Assignment
The auditor should use the USAID guidelines steps as the basis for preparing audit programs. Which are not all-inclusive or restrictive in nature and do not relieve the auditor from exercising due professional care and judgment. The steps should be modified to fit local conditions and specific program design, implementation procedures, and agreement provisions which may vary from program to program. The auditor shall provide a report of factual findings for the following agreed-upon procedures;
- Verify completeness of all personal costs for the period under review
- Review all Evidence Based Intervention (EBI) i.e. Vhutshilo 1,2 &3, You Only Leave Once (YOLO) and Let’s Talk curriculum training session costs charged to the two KwaZulu Natal and Eastern Cape projects as provided in the transaction schedule for the period under review.
- Firms seeking to apply should be registered in South Africa and must be on USAID approved or provisional audit firm list.
- Additionally, the firm must demonstrate experience in the audit of not for profit entities and organizations with similar registration to FHI 360.
5. Selection Evaluation Criteria
|Methodology||The firm should state the methodology/approach of conducting the audits. Upon selection, the firm will be expected to provide a letter of engagement which will also highlight the basis of the auditor’s work.||20|
|Approach & methodology||Proposed approach in relation to the scope of work and the outputs including: Sampling methodologies, Project Execution Plan or Framework and ability to meet tight deadlines and work schedules||30|
||The firm should provide a quote for the provision of audit services as highlighted above.||20|
6. Proposal Submission Guideline
Applicant proposal documents must be submitted in no more than 5 electronic separate files using the specification listed below:
- Proposal that includes approaches and methodology to be undertaken with a brief on similar or previous work done;
- List of at least three clients within the NPO sector and USAID specific audit experience
- Vendor Certification form
- Additional documents: (Certificate of incorporation/registration, VAT Certificate, Tax compliance certificate.
7. RFP Disclaimers
- Issuance of solicitation does not constitute a commitment by FHI 360.
- FHI 360 reserves the right to cancel this request for proposals for any reason it may deem necessary.
- FHI 360 may reject any or all responses received. Issuance of this solicitation does not constitute award commitment by FHI 360
- Applicants shall bear all costs associated with the preparation and submission of proposals. FHI 360 will not be responsible/liable for these costs regardless of the outcome of the submissions
- FHI 360 may disqualify any offer based on failure to follow solicitation instructions
- FHI 360 reserves the right to waive minor proposal deficiencies that can be corrected prior to award determination to promote competition
- This project is being funded by USAID Southern Africa through FHI 360. All US government regulations pertinent to acquisitions are applicable, including USAID Contractor Salary Thresholds [see ADS 302.3.6.10 (USAID CST)].
- All deliverables shall be subject to quality control and approval by FHI 360 before scheduled payments are processed.
- FHI 360 reserves the right to all intellectual property and product ownership upon termination or completion of the contract agreement.
8. Proposal Submission Requirements
Questions should be addressed to email@example.com and ensure the subject line states reads “Financial Closeout Audit”. Questions relating to this RFP will be accepted until October 13,2020. Answers to the Questions will be consolidated and posted on the CDS website www.capacitydev.org by October 16,2020.All Proposals should be submitted by email to firstname.lastname@example.org by October 21,2020 at 17h00 South African time. Late submissions will not be considered, and only selected applicants will be contacted and/or advised of the outcome. ( Refer to the www.capacitydev.org for the detailed standard RCA audit statement of work).