The Parent Centre
The Parent Centre is a Non-Profit, primary preventive organization offering comprehensive parenting counselling, education and support services based in Wynberg Cape Town.
The Parent Centre seeks to appoint Qualified Social Worker to be based in Cape Town.
This employment opportunity is open to suitably qualified applicants who have at least 3- 5 years social work and counselling experience and who are fluent in English and Afrikaans. Parenting experience will be an advantage.
- Individual Counselling of parents and caregivers in Mitchell’s Plain, Wynberg and elsewhere, where needed
- Assistance with follow up procedures and co-ordination of the counselling
- At least 3-5 years working experience in the social work field which should include experience in counseling families
- Registered with the South African Council for Social Services Professions (SACSSP)
- Computer skilled (Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook and PowerPoint)
- A valid driver’s license
- Knowledge of The Children’s Act will be an advantage
Good interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills; maturity and sensitivity to cultural and individual differences; a professional demeanor; the ability to exercise sound judgment and discretion as well as the ability to work in a team will secure this position.
We work with parents, other caregivers, professionals and community workers working with families. If you are passionate about parenting and the development of the whole child, then this is a position for you.
To apply, submit CV to email@example.com or fax to 086 678 9494
Please quote the source of this advertisement in your application - NGO Pulse Portal
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
For more about the Parent Centre, refer to www.theparentcentre.org.za