World Vision South Africa (WVSA)
Purpose of the position:
The Field Operations Manager position provides leadership for the effective and efficient implementation of all programs, grants and special projects to ensure they are executed within scope, budget and time. To support the IP Director to successfully execute of WVSA strategic program focus areas through effective leadership and work closely with the other IP Team Leaders to accomplish Child Wellbeing Outcomes. Observe mission and core values of World Vision and demonstrate a quality of spiritual life that is an example to others:
- To contribute to the strategic direction of field World Vision SA’s Ministry in the field by providing leadership and management to all programs, grants and special projects in the whole of WVSA operational areas, including the integration of HEA, Transformational Development and Advocacy.
- To ensure active community engagement and ownership in all programmatic strategic focus areas.
- To work with partners, i.e. Communities (CBO’s, FBO’s, Churches, Schools), Government Departments, Research Institutions to ensure quality Programmes
- To provide guidance and support on the execution of the balanced score card at national and programme level to ensure programmes are effective, implemented and aligned.
- To co-ordinate closely with P & C on all capacity building initiatives which will include Project Management, Partnering including follow up on impact of the training and the use of tools at both institutional and community level.
- Manage the employee life cycle (Recruitment, Performance Management- including Coaching and Mentoring, Capacity Building, Talent Management, Employee Relations) of all field teams
- To provide leadership and support in the management of programme and projects budgets, financial and operational audit processes; planning, monitoring of variances, implementation of Audit findings, reporting & evaluation of operations, with special emphasis on cost efficiency
- To ensure Reports due to Support Offices and other donors from Area Programs and project sites are submitted on time and are of good quality
- To ensure that all operations staff is capacitated in World Vision’s Core models, HEA, Project Management, DME and all new programmatic initiatives to ensure effective and efficient implementation of the programs and projects.
- To ensure that all Programmatic processes are adhered to including regular updates and reporting on the dashboard and scorecards by the field teams.
- To work in an integrated manner with the DME Manager, Sponsorship Coordinator, Child Protection Manager, HEA Lead, and Programme Finance Manager to develop yearly plans and budgets
- To provide leadership in the effective and efficient management of Sponsorship within reasonable acceptable standards at national and AP level. .
- Ensure effective Sponsorship Programing; by capacitating CBO’s, Churches, Schools, children to assume ownership of integrated sponsorship processes at community level so that ‘learnings’ inform programming.
- To foster a conducive culture for DME processes that will contribute towards high programme quality
- To work effectively with the National Resource Development team in providing technical support in the development of funding proposals
- To provide leadership and guidance to all programme and project leaders to implement, monitor, review and reflect on all program initiatives; including finance, sponsorship before submitting reports for National review; ensure program quality, sustainability, innovation, accountability and effectiveness is visible.
- Ensure that all Area Programs(ADPs), grants and special projects are aligned to the Technical Approaches and implement their Technical Programs within Time Scope and Budget.
Qualifications: Education/Knowledge/Technical Skills and Experience
- Bachelors’ Degree in Social Science, or Development Studies or Agriculture, Agriculture Economics and other related field.
- Honors or Masters degree in development studies or related field preferred.
- 3-5 years field experience (WV or similar); programme design and implementation; grant management experience; and management of programmes
Technical skills and capabilities
- Extensive experience in community development
- Understanding of diverse donors and government.
- Proven cross-cultural experience
- Progressive management experience required
- Ability to work as team member in an interdisciplinary environment and contribute to this in capacity building at regional and National office levels of interaction
- Willing and able to travel extensively locally and internationally.
- Abilities in the area of capacity building
- Good language proficiency (English) both written and spoken
- A mature and committed Christian
- Analytical skills
- People management skills and team player
- Problem solving skills
- Change management skills
- Good facilitation and presentation skills
- Computer literacy – Ms. words, excess, power point, excel, Epi Info, SPSS etc.
- Skills in facilitation of development processes, including organization and mobilization of communities and networking among different development partners such as community-based organizations (CBOs), governments, churches, and World Vision staff and their respective roles and responsibilities.
- Key aspects of development: Basic knowledge and understanding of key aspects of development work; including health, education, economic development, HIV and AIDS programming, food security, cross-cutting themes (e.g. gender, Christian commitments, environment, peacebuilding, disability), and integration of disaster mitigation, preparedness and response in development programming.
- Design, monitoring and evaluation: Conceptual understanding and required competency in basic DME functions (LEAP).
- Applying community-based development DME technical skills and competencies. Measurement and reporting on child well-being outcomes.
- Project management: Knowledge of and experience with staff care and supervision, staff capacity building, cost effective utilization of resources, customer relations service. General principles of programme and financial management. Resource acquisition and development. Grants management.
- Leadership skills: Skills in leading, building, and supporting a team with diverse roles and capacities. Fostering spiritual growth and development of staff.
Submission & Deadline
If you are the right candidate, please email your letter of motivation (Max 1 page) and CV (Max 5 pages) with contactable references to Ms Lele Ngcongwane at the email: firstname.lastname@example.org by Sunday the 03 of October. Only short listed candidates who meet the minimum criteria, will be contacted.