World Vision South Africa (WVSA)
Ensure that all World Vision South Africa M&E initiatives, Programs, Grants and special projects meet adequate technical and management standards. This position will provide leadership and technical oversight in the measurement involving programs and strategies; will ensure Programs impacts are measured; Monitoring and Evaluation (M&E) systems are developed and utilized; the WV Development Programming Approach is strengthened and implemented; and learning including sharing of best practices, promoting innovation and knowledge management exercised in the National Office.
The role will coordinate the development and execution of the National Office Strategy, and ensure the Program Office Strategies are measured and reports presented to the National Offices Country / National Director for appropriate actions.
It provides the National Directors and senior leadership with ongoing monitoring data, program risk assessment, program quality and results update supporting the leadership to make informed decisions. The role ensures that the National offices DME and Quality Assurance functions are strong by providing ongoing coaching and support.
Delivering on World Vision South Africa LEAP 3 DM&E commitments, to ensure that programmes are designed and implemented in line with WV standards, that their impact is contributing to life in all it fullness for the most vulnerable children and that South Africa has a compelling evidence base for its work.
Promote and document evidence and learning initiatives which help improve programme quality, shape national strategy and inform GAM priorities. Oversee the publication and dissemination of information on successful and promising approaches, lessons learned and other program results to program partners, donors, and other key stakeholders.
Leadership – Monitoring and Evaluation
- Lead the development and implementation of a comprehensive overall monitoring and evaluation systems/framework, including performance indicators and benchmarks in the World Vision South Africa Office to ensure transparency and accountability in compliance with program offices and Our Promise 2030 Strategy. This includes development and dissemination of tools, materials, reports, data, and papers linking interventions to the desired objectives and the overall program goal;
- Manage and oversee staff, including partners that are carrying out the DM&E agenda in all programmes, Grants and Special Projects.
- Develop strategies and tools for the design and implementation of monitoring of specific technical components in all rpogrammes, Grants and Special Projects;
- Works to ensure tool compatibility and coordination within the M&E framework, and consistency with national and donor requirements;
- Support the development of high quality CWB/Impact reports that produce evidence of work and promote utilisation of findings to improve program performance.
- Lead performance management process for DM&E team members, including identifying and promoting professional development opportunities.
- Support DME staff and field staff to facilitate learning from monitoring and evaluation findings and develop appropriate recommendations to be integrated into management efforts, as well as disseminated in learning events and channeled into decision-making processes.
- Provide technical assistance, developing and setting up systems for the timely collection, management, analysis, and reporting of valid and reliable data that meet donor reporting requirements;
- Work closely with program leadership, including partners, to develop and implement a robust learning agenda for continuous learning, collaboration and adaptation to further the program’s research and learning agenda;
- Undertake periodic reviews of program and/or country M&E systems and participate in planning M&E system strengthening actions.
- Provide guidance on relevant information systems for the program objectives, as well as best practices documentation and reporting;
Track Strategy Realization
- Provide technical oversight and leadership in strategy alignment with Our Promise Global Strategy, implementation plan, realization and monitoring. This should include periodic sharing of the strategy realization scorecard to the Senior Leadership Team.
- Ensure that strategy drives programming in the Program offices such that proposals, Annual Operating Plans and Budgets (AOPs) are aligned to the approved National Office program strategy.
- Guide the cascading/operationalization of the National office strategies at departmental and Program levels, including review and refinement of Technical Programs to include the Most Vulnerable Children and focus on fewer Child Well Being Objectives
- Closely work with the technical specialists, the Program Directors, the Regional Srategy Advisor in the alignment, realisation and monitoring of strategies and program results.
Lead the development of DME Dashboard demonstrating progress on all key indicators.
Program Quality Technical Support
- Supports the work of Sponsorship Operations Advisors and technical specialists in preparing plans for adoption of DPA, strengthening of DME including indicators for child well-being in order to operationalize national office strategies.
- Guide World Vision South Africa on the utilization of evidence based programming models and their contextual adaptation.
- Promote ministry quality and integration of 3 lines of ministry in the region as per the partnership standards.
- Monitor the quality of Technical Programs (TPs), the It Takes A World Campaign to End Violence Against Children, and Community Engagement and Sponsorship Plan ( CESP) design across World Vision South Africa to raise quality.
- Work together with programmes teams and other relevant stakeholders in developing and designing new programmes, grants and special projects.
- Support the NRD Department in the development of programming products for marketing.
- Support the NRD Department in the development of market focused evidence based reporting.
- Support grant development and special projects processes with DME requirements
Internal and External Liason and Coordination
- Develop/ build linkages with other (external) organisations and Support Offices that contribute towards the effective delivery of ministry and program effectiveness standards.
- Support partnership initiatives in relation to program quality
- Provide annual Business Plans and monthly reports.
- Lead the Program Support Team meetings and follow up the implementation of the PST/SST action plans.
- Provide leadership in the completion of quality Semi and Annual reports, DIPs and budgets that reflect WVSA ministry priorities ensuring alignment to LEAP and other quality and accountability standards.
- Lead the development of a Market facing Child wellbeing Report (annually).
- Ensure that quality monthly management reports are timely submitted
Innovation and Learning
- Provide leadership in the identification and adoption of innovative DME systems and best practices to streamline and simplify DME processes ensuring relevance to WVSA’s context and strategy.
- Lead nnovative operations research and programming interventions.
- Assist in the identification of cutting-edge, research-based program assessment, design, monitoring & evaluation methodologies and models.
- Coordinate regular program review meetings to facilitate dialogue and learning on project/program Implementation.
- Keep abreast of DME best practices through ongoing research.
- Promote the replication of documented best practices across all programs.
- Provide leadership in the facilitation of project and programme reviews including operational audits and facilitate the consolidation, dissemination and implementation of lessons learnt and promising practices.
- Provide leadership in the identification of organizational DME capacity needs, the development of capacity development plans.
- Coordinate and/or facilitate capacity building for staff and stakeholders in LEAP and TDI ensuring participatory monitoring and evaluation processes are understood and enhanced at ADP and Project level.
- Support the implementation of Horizon 3.0 and the Transformed Field Environment roll out.
- Review and improve existing World Vision South Africa project management information systems
- Support the documentation of lessons learned and promising practices and share them broadly internally and externally.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Bachelors Degree in Social Science, Development studies /planning, Project Management disciplines or related field with an additional qualification in Monitoring and Evaluation.
- A Masters in [Rural development, Economic Development, Sociology, Agriculture or related fields] will be an added advantage
- 3-5 years in development work or related field and 3 years experience in DME in integrated development work.
- Working knowledge of programs/projects cycle management (DME)– including analytical and research skills
- Excellent project management experience.
- Excellent competencies in monitoring and evaluation .
- Skills in data analysis using computer programs.
- Experience in design and facilitation of training Programs.
- Excellent presentation and communication skills.
- Very good knowledge of various technical sectors of development such as Economic Development, Child Protection, Health and Education etc.
- Commitment to life-long learning.
- Self-motivated to achieve quality results and service.
- Motivated to work effectively in a collaborative team environment.
- Must be willing and able to travel.
- Effective in written and verbal communication in English
If you are the right candidate, please email your letter of motivation (Max 1 page) and CV (Max 5 pages) with contactable references to Ms Lele Ngcongwane at the email: email@example.com by the 03 of October. Only short listed candidates who meet the minimum criteria, will be contacted.