Population Services International (PSI) / Society for Family Health (SFH) is an international NGO network operating in over 50 countries. PSI in South Africa currently concentrates on issues of HIV/ AIDS with the view to strategically expand to other public health areas. As part of its HIV/AIDS control efforts, PSI is using social marketing to motivate behaviour change concerning consistent condom use, HIV testing, and other safer behaviours.
Based at PSI/SFH’s Head Office in Johannesburg, Population Services International (PSI) seeks to fill the exciting and role of:
MONITORING AND EVALUATION MANAGER
The M&E Manager must be an experienced-dynamic individual who will work closely with Programme and Quality Assurance Managers and the Research Support teams to support programme initiatives towards a culture and practice of reliable planning, monitoring, evaluation, accountability and reporting to internal and external stakeholders. This includes developing and updating M&E systems, policies and procedures and coordinating monitoring and evaluation (M&E), activities and events within the organisations programme areas at HQ and at programme site level among PSI partners and service providers; to build the capacity of PSI staff, service delivery partners in M&E including promoting knowledge transfer internally and externally. In summary this position will oversee the monitoring and evaluation portfolio for the organisation including having oversight of the organisations research activities.
Key responsibilities for this exciting position include:
- Developing and implementing a robust monitoring and evaluation system that will ensure tracking of project/ programme results at different levels (outputs, outcomes, and impact) to meet organisational and funder requirements.
- Developing/adopting an integrated database of all the organisations projects/ programmes and ensure accountability through regular data updates, data integrity and working in collaboration with the data processors.
- Maintaining and update the overall indicator tracker based on PSI Programme and donor requirements.
- Working closely with the programme and QA managers to ensure timeous feedback to site offices implementing the programme.
- Developing M&E plans for all projects and proposals and ensure the same is followed up during implementation
- Liaising with site level teams to ensure that all new and ongoing projects adhere to accountability requirements by initiating baseline surveys for new projects/ programmes and conducting relevant evaluations for ongoing projects to meet PSI and donor standards.
- Providing relevant evidence for learning from projects
- Sharing learnings and provide constructive comments to colleagues to ensure programme quality
- Building capacity of staff through training to ensure adoption of new data monitoring tools and quality of data collected
- Developing the Annual Research Plan (ARP)
The M&E Manager possess and be able to demonstrate the following attributes:
- A Minimum, a relevant post graduate qualification in Public Health and/or Social Sciences, Developmental Studies, Monitoring and Evaluations, Programme Evaluation, Statistics, Economics, or Information Sciences
- More than 5 years’ direct experience in a monitoring and evaluation position implementing large scale donor funded projects including managing teams.
- Experience in conducting a research studies including the entire evaluation cycle, from design and formulation to implementation, analysis and presentation of results and recommendations
- Minimum 5 years’ experience within HIV funded environment
- Two years’ experience in management information systems
- Valid Driver’s License and own vehicle
The successful incumbent must be a South African or Permanent Resident. Contract ending September 2021 with a possibility of renewal subject to funding and performance.
View the full job description and application instructions on the Vacancies page at www.actionappointments.co.za and email your application by Monday 05th October 2020 to firstname.lastname@example.org