Anchor Executive Recruitment
Fundraising and Development Executive
GROOTE SCHUUR HOSPITAL TRUST
GROOTE SCHUUR HOSPITAL TRUST is a newly formed entity aimed at generating specific sums of funding for projects within the Hospital so as to provide the community with added value and services within this World Class Hospital, and to maintain the high standards and cutting edge services that this Hospital has always provided over many years.
This newly created position to Head up the Trust, which will report directly to the Board of the Trust, requires an experienced, motivated, persuasive individual who is led by a passion and sense of urgency to advance Groote Schuur Hospital into a new era. As a Senior Executive with sound skills and experience in the field of funding and development, we are also looking for experience in the fields of Operations, Strategic Planning and talent identification take this newly formed Trust to a successful level, supported both locally and internationally.
The prime focus will be to:
- Develop and implement the fundraising strategy for the GSH Trust, including Marketing, Branding and Communications to bring visibility to the new entity, for growth in all spheres of donor funding, both locally and internationally.
- Establish the office, appoint the right staff, and set up efficient systems to support implementation of the newly formed Trust, to bring this to fruition.
- Generate donor funds for key projects, through networking, grant applications, proposals and all forms of donor initiation and relationship building using all tools such as social media, and events, to establish this Trust as a Professional body within the medical funding environment.
The ideal person will:
- Be a seasoned and well-networked individual in the field of generation of funds from Trusts, Foundations, Corporate Business, and High Net-worth individuals, especially in dealing with large Foundations and Donors on the International market, particularly those who have worked within the medical sector.
- Have strong skills in development of strategies for marketing, communication, media and all methods of donor applications, as well as data management and use of database systems.
- Be a strong organiser, with excellent operational capacity and be able to motivate a team to achieve the common goals.
- Have excellent financial acumen in terms of setting and controlling budgets, finances and management of costs.
- Be a self-starter, able to work independently, and have excellent written, verbal and presentation skills
- Be a strategic thinker, planner and manager of the team in respect of time management and effectiveness.
This crucial position requires a person with a University Degree, preferably in Marketing or Business, and a Minimum of 10 years of SENIOR MANAGEMENT AND FUNDRAISING EXPERIENCE.
PAT STEWART of ANCHOR EXECUTIVE RECRUITMENT has been appointed by the Board of the Groote Schuur Hospital Trust to source suitable candidates for this role.
Should you feel that your background and skills align to the above position as outlined, please send CV, Current income level and a motivational letter to Pat Stewart on firstname.lastname@example.org