CIVICUS exists to defend people power. As a growing global alliance of over 10,000 members in 175 countries, we work together to monitor violations of basic civic freedoms, call out the perpetrators of violations and strengthen the power of people to organise by supporting a more accountable, effective and innovative civil society. We strive to promote excluded voices, especially from the Global South.
CIVICUS seeks to appoint the Finance and Grants Officer to be based in Johannesburg.
- The Finance and Grants Officer will be working with the finance team ensuring robust financial controls and efficient processes are in place to support the deliverance of the CIVICUS strategy.
- The role will be responsible for supporting the processing of all payments and transfers in an accurate and timely manner and ensuring financial information is recorded, funds allocated and reconciled in accordance with CIVICUS’ policies and donor requirements.
- The finance and Grants officer will work closely with the Senior Assistant Accountant to improve the quality of our grant management and reporting, by ensuring that internal information on all our projects is up to date and accurate, enabling the provision of timely information to donors.
- Degree in Accounting/Qualified AAT
- Minimum 4 years’ experience in a financial accounting environment with at least two years working in a Not for Profit organisation.
- A minimum 2 years’ experience of managing subgrants and reviewing subgrantee financial reports
- Strong accounting skills and experience including management of general ledger, journal entries and balance sheet reconciliations.
- Sound analytical and technical skills in financial accounting and grant management.
How to Apply
Interested candidates should email their application to email@example.com
Application should comprise of:
- A full CV, including educational and professional qualifications, a full employment history showing the more significant positions, responsibilities held, and relevant achievements
- A covering note of not more than 1 page outlining your motivation for applying for the role.
Please quote the source of this advertisement in your application - NGO Pulse Portal
Please click here for a full Job Description
Shortlisted candidates will be contacted by the 5th of October 2020 to schedule interviews.
Due to the high volumes of applications received, should you not have received feedback on your application within three weeks of the closing date, please consider your application unsuccessful. We reserve the right to withdraw any of our vacancies at any time.
CIVICUS: World Alliance for Citizen Participation reserve the right to withdraw any of our vacancies at any time.
For more about CIVICUS: World Alliance for Citizen Participation, refer to www.civicus.org
For other vacancies in the NGO sector, refer to www.ngopulse.org/vacancies