The Resettlement Support Center (CWS RSC Africa) operates a US refugee resettlement program in sub-Saharan Africa through a Cooperative Agreement with the Department of State/Bureau of Population, Refugees and Migration. CWS RSC Africa is responsible for the preparation of refugee case files for adjudication by US Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS) officers, as well as the out-processing and cultural orientation of all approved cases. CWS RSC Africa is administered by the Church World Service Immigration Refugee Program (CWS/IRP) and is based in Nairobi, Kenya with a sub-office in Pretoria, South Africa.
Based in Pretoria, Gauteng – Church World Service seeks to appoint a
The Administration Supervisor will be responsible for the coordination and follow-up of all administrative activities of the Pretoria sub-office, ensuring that admin staff are adhering to CWS RSC Africa’s policies and procedures. The position is responsible for direct oversight of the Administration department, which includes Logistics, Property, Procurement and Finance. This position directly supervises the Logistics Officer and the General Services Assistant with indirect oversight on the Finance and Administrative Assistant and general services staff. This position reports directly to the Pretoria sub-office Program Manager with indirect oversight from the Administration Coordinator based in Nairobi, Kenya.
Key responsibilities of this position include but are not limited to:
- Develop and periodically review security plans and standard operating procedures in areas of operation Provides direct supervision, training, and feedback to Procurement, Property, Finance and Logistics staff members.
- Ensures adherence to policies and standard operating procedures (SOPs) to ensure the accountability, transparency, and efficiency of RSC Africa, and to ensure compliance with the Cooperative Agreement, relevant United States Government (USG) and CWS policies
- Oversees the process of monthly Admin projections, including procurement, anticipated travel projections and related accountability forms, and ensures compliance with US government requirements
- Ensures Administration Division SOPs are routinely updated, stored, and disseminated electronically and via in-person training sessions
- Works closely with the Field Processing Supervisor and Program Manager to plan work, resolve issues, conduct root cause analysis, and ensure systems improvements
- Supports General Services and other Administration departments with budget preparation
- Supports the Program Manager by ensuring the Administration Division meets all division deliverables with high quality and on time
- Works closely with Finance Manager and Deputy Director for Administration to perform regular internal audits and compliance checks
- Ensures Administration division’s compliance with Fileserver organization and group email protocols
- Ensures that SOPs for the Administrative departments are always up to date with Senior Management Team directives, and in line with RSC Africa security policy and that the administrative staff receive relevant security training
- Plans and executes annual process reviews for all Administrative departments
- Ensures cost-effective use of RSC Africa human and financial resources, including a monthly review of expense reports and financial projections with the Finance and Admin Assistant
- Supervises the requisition, maintenance, and inventory of expendable and non-expendable equipment
- Provides Quality Control checks on Purchase Orders to ensure correct budget line allocation and that all information and supporting documents are adequate and correct
The Administration Supervisor must meet the following criteria:
- Bachelor's Degree in Finance, Accounting, Business Administration, Public Administration or a related field is required , Master’s preferred
- Minimum of one (1) year of supervisory experience, with three (3) years preferred, with an international
- NGO in a similar position required.
- Minimum of eight (8) years of relevant work experience required.
- Knowledge of South African laws and customs preferred.
- Experience with overseas processing or US refugee resettlement preferred.
This position is open only to South African nationals and candidates that are legally eligible to work full time in South Africa.
View the full job description and application instructions on the Vacancies page at www.actionappointments.co.za and email your application by Friday 16th October 2020 to email@example.com