Cape Mental Health
Cape Mental Health is a non-profit organisation that offers comprehensive and proactive mental health services in the Western Cape.
Cape Mental seeks to appoint Senior Fundraising Practitioner to be based in Cape Town.
The purpose of this position is to find someone from highly motivated and dynamic fundraisers with an excellent track record in donor research and mobilisation to join our Donor Development team in a senior-level . Preference will be given to South African citizens.
Eployment Type: 12-month contract for a 40-hour week.
- Relevant tertiary qualification
- Minimum of 5 years’ successful fundraising experience and some management or project coordination experience
- Proven ability to source, nurture and manage fundraising opportunities
- (examples of prior fundraising proposals/appeals will be requested)
- Experience as a SETA liaison officer in the submission of Discretionary Grant applications
- Excellent interpersonal, oral and written communication skills
- Ability to multi-task and work closely with several community-based projects
- Proficiency in MS Office, Excel and PowerPoint
- Experience in online fundraising
- In possession of a valid manual driver’s license (own transport a recommendation)
- Able to work overtime occasionally in support of fundraising deadlines and special events
- respect diversity and understand the challenges facing NGOs
- can research and identify prospective funders
- can take full responsibility for donor liaison and contractual requirements
- can anticipate project needs, discern work priorities, and meet deadlines
- can interpret and compile budgets and financial reports
- can function as a member of a team, yet operate independently and responsibly
- pay attention to detail, are target-driven, and have good time-management skills
- display a high level of accountability to all stakeholders
- are professional in manner, appearance and work ethic
Please submit a letter of motivation and an updated CV with three contactable referees,
marked confidential, to Email: email@example.com
Please quote the source of this advertisement in your application - NGO Pulse Portal
For more about Cape Mental Health, refer to www.cmh.org.za
For other vacancies in the NGO sector, refer to www.ngopulse.org/vacancies
Cape Mental Health is a non-profit organisation that offers comprehensive and proactive mental health services in the Western Cape. One of its programmes, the Rainbow PSR Groups, offers community-based psychosocial rehabilitation and support to adults with psychiatric /psychosocial disabilities in the form of 26 weekly support groups.