The Tekano Foundation is recruiting a Non-executive Director with investment experience to serve on its Board of Directors. The Tekano Board Directors provide leadership, governance and management oversight of its investment assets of the Tekano Foundation. This is an extraordinary opportunity for an individual who is passionate about Tekano’s mission of building the capacity of visionary, values-based, change-makers to advocate for health equity in South Africa.
Ideal candidates will have the following qualifications:
- Professional experience with executive leadership accomplishments in civil society, the non-profit sector, government, philanthropy, or business.
- Extensive knowledge in the following areas will be advantageous: investment management, investment administration, actuarial services and financial management.
- Savvy diplomatic skills and a natural affinity for cultivating relationships and persuading, convening, facilitating, and building consensus among diverse individuals
- Personal qualities of integrity, credibility, and a passion for improving the lives of Tekano’s beneficiaries
- Broadly represents the rich diversity of South Africa.
- LGBQTI and disabled candidates are encouraged to apply.
Board Members will serve a three-year term to be eligible for re-appointment for one additional term. Board meetings will be held quarterly and committee meetings will be held in coordination with full board meetings.
To apply nominees should submit the following to Dr Tracey Naledi Chair of the Nominations Committee c/o Ms Lebo Ramafoko Tekano Chief Executive at email@example.com
- A letter indicating their interest and what they believe they can bring to Tekano’s board.
- A CV with references.
- Deadline for submission – 10 am on 18 September 2020
- Interviews will be held with short-listed candidates via Zoom. Tekano reserves the right not to make any appointment to its Board of Directors. For more information about Tekano or the board role, visit www.tekano.org.za
- Should you not hear from Tekano within 6 (six) weeks from the closing date, please consider your application unsuccessful
Stipend for meeting attendance