Centre for Communication Impact (CCI)
Job Title : Human Resource Manager (HRM)
Position duration : Fixed Term Contract (1 Oct 2020 – 31 September 2021)
Location : Pretoria
Centre for Communication Impact (CCI) is a non-profit South African organisation based in Pretoria. We aim to be a centre of excellence in Strategic health and development Communication programmes that are centred around meaningful Community Engagement.
CCI seeks to employ an Human Resource Manager (HRM) who will be based in Pretoria. The HRM will be responsible for the overall management and administration of the HR portfolio within CCI. The HRM’s main responsibility will be to lead the HR function and fulfil its needs (recruitment, employee relations, performance management, benefits admin e.t.c. The will ensure that the company complies with the South African labour laws and ensure the overall motivation, growth and development of staff.
Recruitment and Selection
- Develop and implement Recruitment and Selection standard operating procedures.
- Coordinate interview processes and preparation of interviewing packs.
- Develop and implement an organisational on-boarding process for newly appointed employees.
- Manage the appointment of new candidates, internal promotions and resignations.
- Prepare and present workforce planning projections for the CCI.
- Oversee the maintenance of records keeping by implementing a usable filing system.
Employee relations processes
- Ensure adherence to the Disciplinary and grievance management procedures.
- Manage internal disciplinary and grievance procedures.
- Train and advise management including employees on implementing and handling labour relations matters.
- Represent and advise the organization at the CCMA on labour relations dispute matters.
- Advise management in appropriate resolutions of employee relations issues.
Compensation and Benefits
- Advise on the development and implementation of Compensation and Benefit policy and procedures.
- Conducting periodic salary and benefits surveys.
- Facilitate and coordinate the job evaluation processes by advising on job design, job descriptions and the correct grading of jobs.
- Oversee the annual appraisal processes and salary increments monitoring compliance in line with the pay structure.
- Serve as primary point of contact for all benefits and allowance tracking documentation and ensure efficient filing and reporting of same
- Supervise all staff benefit applications, communications and all related administrative duties.
- Administers benefits programs such as medical, pension/provident fund; vacation, sick leave, leave of absence, and employee wellness assistance.
- Develop and implement an Employee Assistant Framework.
- Engage with service providers as and when necessary.
Payroll and Leave Management
- Oversee the running of payroll (gathering payroll input, verifying VIP payroll reports and finalizing payroll).
- Ensure the submission of Bi-annually and annual tax submissions & distribution of IRP5’s/IT3’s.
- Calculate, submit and process the payment of yearly Company Return of Earnings.
- Advise managers and employees on all HR administrative and payroll queries.
- Administer the Sage Employee Self Service (ESS) tool and support employees as needed.
- Coordinate timesheet completion processes for all staff and check monthly payroll information to ensure accuracy of basic personnel data before payroll is finalised.
Staff Performance Management
- Administer and maintain the performance contracting and review process.
- Identify opportunities for performance improvement through undertaking internal diagnosis, process/system reviews by conducting external research into good practice and new ideas.
- Support specific performance improvement initiatives through the implementation of a new behavioural competency framework and 360-degree feedback process.
- Design and facilitate in-house events as required.
- Collaborate Internally to ensure effective communication and consultation processes and to build staff engagement.
- Provide career guidance and develop career plans in consultation with line managers.
- Collaborate with line managers on the design and delivery of appropriate and relevant Personal Development Plans for their staff as needed.
- Develop coaching, mentoring and secondment schemes to support staff development and the achievement of Personal Development Plans.
Manage and facilitate HR Administration
- Oversee and manage health and safety act within the organisation.
- Investigates accidents and prepares reports for injury on duty claims.
- Administers salary administration program to ensure compliance and equity within organization.
- Maintain and update staff files with regards to salary and allocated benefits and allowances, transfers, promotions, completion of probation, termination of service etc.
- Working closely with departments, assist line managers to understand and implement policies and procedures;
- Support the implementation of all HR strategic goals
Communication and Reporting
- Prepare and submit relevant monthly staffing reports to Senior Management.
- Submit monthly reports to the UIF and SARS as needed.
- Prepare and submit quarterly STATS SA reports.
Education and Experience
- A Human Resource Manager Degree or any relevant qualification
- 5 years proven working experience in the same capacity.
- Solid knowledge on the application of all South Africa relevant legislation (LRA, EEA, BCEA, OHSA).
- Solid experience of SAGE VIP payroll including the ESS module.
- Proven experience on the management of employee relations.
- Competence to build and effectively manage interpersonal relationships at all levels of the company.
Interested candidates should forward a motivation letter and updated CV to CCI Human Resources at email@example.com Shortlisting will start on Monday the 21st of September 2020, Please note that the position will remain opened until filled.