Guild Cottage is a highly specialised residential facility for the treatment of seriously traumatised girls and provides short-term therapy to sexually abused girls. The girls are removed from their abusive circumstances and are referred to Guild Cottage by the courts. Our team of experts provides each child with appropriate therapy and helps them to heal. Most of the girls are placed in our care until they finish school or are ready to return to a safe environment.
Start date: January 2021
Reports to: The Board of Guild Cottage
The following are five core qualifications that the executive director should possess in order to meet the priorities in successfully running Guild Cottage.
- The candidate should be a highly skilled professional with fundraising and community engagement acumen;
- The candidate should have knowledge of child and youth care work;
- The candidate should have proven leadership ability;
- The candidate should be able to demonstrate management and administration skills;
- The candidate should have knowledge and experience in the area that Guild Cottage is registered to operate.
The executive director should be invested in building relationships with the outside community by promoting awareness of the organization and recruiting donors and volunteers in order to assist the organization.
Manage Financial/Fundraising Affairs: The executive director is responsible for making daily and monthly financial decisions and must understand basic finances and accounting in terms of monitoring cash flow and understanding financial trends.
Fundraising is a critical part of the executive director’s position.
It is essential to create a strong fundraising plan with the help of the board to ensure that:
- Fundraising programs are carried out with high ethical standards.
- There are clear policies in regard to fundraising activities.
- Funds are being accepted and used responsibly through communication with individual contributors and contributing organizations.
- She has identified fundraising strategies that benefit and complement the mission and vision of the organisation.
Support the Board of Directors: The following are responsibilities that the executive director has to the board:
- Maintaining structure by sending out notices, providing agenda, and coordinating meetings.
- Respecting them and facilitating discussion on important topics relevant to meetings and structure of Guild Cottage.
- Keeping them informed of decisions and changes.
Send your application to: email@example.com