Agisanang Domestic Abuse Prevention and Training (ADAPT)
Agisanang Domestic Abuse Prevention and Training (ADAPT) is a section 21 nonprofit organisation that started operating as a small entity in 1994 focusing on providing counselling and support for abused women. Although the initial emphasis was on women, the beneficiaries of services have expanded to include children, young people, the elderly and men.
ADAPT seeks to appoint a Paralegal Officer for the Criminal Justice System Programme, based in Alexandra Township, North East of Johannesburg.
- Facilitate/coordinate training for Court Officials, Health professionals, Police officials etc. on issues pertaining to Human Rights and gender related matters;
- Provide legal counselling, court preparations and court accompaniment for women, whenever a need arises;
- Facilitate/co-ordinate/organize workshops and dialogues for community members in particular women on legal and human rights issues;
- Collaborate with other organizations for legal advocacy, monitoring and lobbying purposes
- Researching the effectiveness of all legislations impacting on women such as the Domestic Violence Act and the Sexual Offences Act;
- Mobilizing community for court for court accompaniment.
- Leading advocacy campaigns in the organization using various media communication platforms
- National Diploma in Paralegal Studies or equivalent;
- More than two years experience in the NGO sector;
- Knowledge in gender-based violence and related legislations;
- Writing and interpersonal skills;
- Facilitation skills;
- Administrative skills;
- South African Citizen
To apply, submit a CV to email@example.com by the 25 September 2020.
Enquiries: Mahlatse Mphahlele, Tel: 011 786 6608.
Only applicants selected on a shortlist will be contacted.
Should candidates not have been notified of the outcome of their applications within 10 days of the closing date, they should consider their applications unsuccessful.
ADAPT reserves the right not to make an appointment on all shortlisted candidates.
Applications received after the closing date will not be considered.
For more about Agisanang Domestic Abuse Prevention and Training, refer to www.adapt.org.za.