LandNNES is the Land Network National Engagement Strategy in South Africa. LandNNES was launched by civil society stakeholders in 2018, following the establishment of a national Multi Stakeholder Platform (MSP) for People-Centred Land Governance in 2017. It operates as a consultative civil society platform which brings together members with a common medium-long term perspective to create a force that increases possibilities for People Centered Land Governance. The Network is focussed on policy level advocacy through a strategy of Connecting, Mobilising and Engaging. The strategic goal of the LandNNES South Africa is to realise equitable, inclusive and participatory land governance, effective land administration and agrarian transformation that enhance women’s rights to live on and use land.
Based anywhere in South Africa, LandNNES is seeking to appoint a communications expert to fulfil the positions of:
COMMUNICATIONS SUPPORT CONSULTANT
Through LandNNES, civil society is able to effectively engage public and private land governance stakeholders in a national multi-stakeholder platform (MSP). The establishment of a national multi-stakeholder platform, accelerates the likelihood of results, increases efficiency and efficacy of action, and provides a constructive space for action where diverse perspectives can be coordinated. This National Engagement Strategy approach is supported by the International Land Coalition (ILC) who have assisted civil society to launch the LandNNES. The ILC is a global alliance of over 200 civil society and intergovernmental organisations working together to put people at the centre of land governance. Over the past decades, the ILC has advanced its mission by promoting secure access to land for rural people through capacity building, dialogue, and advocacy.
LandNNES requires a Communications Support Consultant (3 days per month) who will have the following responsibilities:
- Maintain and enhance the LandNNES brand, and brand and communications strategy;
- Maintain and update the LandNNES website;
- Managing website hosting with hosting partner Xneelo, including email management and installation;
- Maintain, update, and create, access and post content onto the LandNNES social media platforms, drawing on content generated by the platform and by its members, and respond to messages and comments on social media as relevant;
- Bring relevant posts and information to the attention of LandNNES members regularly via the WhatsApp groups;
- Pull together relevant content generated by LandNNES and its members into quarterly Newsletters, including layout design, using MailChimp;
- Continue to effectively link the LandNNES website and social media with the knowledgebase.land website content;
- Work closely with the Workshop Support and Administrative consultant to update and maintain LandNNES’ WhatsApp groups and email lists;
- Provide quarterly progress reports that provide concrete information on achievements and reach, in line with funder reporting requirements;
- Assist with supply information and statistics from records into reporting documents when requested;
- Report to the Internal LandNNES facilitator but work in close collaboration with the External LandNNES facilitator.
The Communications Support Consultant must meet the following criteria:
- At least five years’ experience in communications work
- A relevant tertiary qualification
- An understanding of the civil society sector
Preference will be given to youth, women and Employment Equity (EE) candidates, especially existing LandNNES members.
View the full job description and application instructions on the Vacancies page at www.actionappointments.co.za and email your application by
Friday 28th August 2020 to email@example.com