Cape Town Environmental Education Trust (CTEET)
Cape Town Environmental Education Trust (CTEET) is a nonprofit organisation that gives hope to Cape Town youth to access jobs in the Green Economy, conduct high quality low cost outdoor education programmes designed to challenge and change the lives of youth and support and drive conservation initiatives in Cape Town.
CTEET seeks to appoint a Financial Manager to be based in Westlake, Southern Suburbs Cape Town.
Remuneration: Total Package of R25 000 per month (commensurate on qualifications & experience)
Employment Type: Permanent, with a 6-month probation period
- Develop the strategic direction and plans for the financial activities of CTEET in support of the overall organisational strategy.
- Overall financial record keeping, policy and procedural development, reporting and income and expenditure oversight of CTEET and its financial activities.
- Assist with development and monitoring of corporate governance compliance
- Ensure the organisation’s compliance with all statutory and regulatory requirements
- Statutory submissions including SARS VAT Returns, Income tax, obtain annual tax clearance certificates as well as issue annual Section18A tax certificates to patrons and donors, in accordance with the Section 18A rules and regulations.
- Compiling and submitting the annual NPO report to the Department of Social Development.
- Preparation of financial information for annual audits and liaison with auditors to complete the Annual Financial Statements.
- Annually create required budgets for CTEET as well as ad-hoc Project base budgeting in conjunction with the CEO, Fundraising Manager, Events Coordinator and Programme/Projects Managers.
- Monthly analysis of budgets to actual performance and ability to provide meaningful input during review meetings.
- Treasury management – Administer the funds of the organisation according to the approved budget and ensuring adequate funds for monthly expenses.
- Maintain the donor database and generating financial reports when required for donor reporting.
- Analysis of donor reports to ensure compliance with donor restrictions and regulations both nationally and internationally.
- Maintain and update the organisational asset register.
- Liaising with Business Bankers and Investment Brokers regarding signatories, statements and opening/closing of accounts.
- Processing cashbooks including bank and petty cash. Making use of the online banking platform to make payments and manage bank accounts.
- Debtors and Creditors functions – including: raising of invoices, monthly analysis, ledger reconciliations and general maintenance of accounts.
- Degree or a National Diploma in Financial Accounting (NQF level 6) or equivalent
- Five to seven years' relevant work experience in accounting and financial administration, work experience in the NPO sector will be advantageous
- Audit preparation experience
- Ability to prepare accounts up to trial balance stage
- Driver’s License with at least 3 years active driving experience
- Willingness and ability to work independently and as part of a team that promotes a love of Nature and the empowerment of youth
- Proficiency in the MS Office suite, database management and financial software
- Proven problem solving skills
- Excellent work ethic
- Ability to deal with high-intensity work under pressure
- Insistence on accuracy and attention to detail
- Conscientious with a high level of integrity and sense of responsibility
- Confident and self-motivated
- Good communication and writing skills (English)
- Critical Thinking
- Emotional Intelligence
Knowledge and experience of working with relevant financial and administrative policies and systems.
- Industry: Finance, NPO, Conservation
- Qualification: Degree or a National Diploma in Financial Accounting (NQF level 6) or equivalent.
- Submit: A cover letter and CV
- Contact Name: Nicole Georgiou
- Email / telephone No.: firstname.lastname@example.org / 021 444 2794
- Please quote the source of this advertisement in your application - NGO Pulse Portal
Persons who do not meet the job requirements will not be considered. If the candidate has not been contacted by 25 August 2020, they should consider themselves as being unsuccessful. Successful candidates will be required to attend an interview in the week of 31 August 2020 and be prepared to commence work as soon as possible thereafter.
For more about Cape Town Environmental Education Trust, refer to cteet.co.za
For other vacancies in the NGO sector, refer to www.ngopulse.org/vacancies