Family Health International (FHI 360)
Private Sector Database for Youth Economic Strengthening Linkage Opportunities
FHI 360 is an independent non-profit organization serving in more than 70 countries, committed to resolve critical social problems throughout the world. Its mission is to improve lives in lasting ways by advancing integrated, locally driven solutions for human development. FHI 360 was awarded a ten-year, USAID-funded Capacity Development and Support (CDS) program to develop the organizational management, technical capacity and sustainability of local non-governmental organizations (NGOs) and South Africa Government (SAG) departments, to sustain an improved, expanded and country-led response to HIV and AIDS.
CDS is looking to develop a robust database of private sector and development organizations that can actively support the program to link youths to employment opportunities, provide internships, support with locally required skills development, as well as funding and incubation opportunities for viable and sustainable income generating activities. The database is required for 14 specific districts, across 7 provinces in South Africa. The database should reflect partnerships at a national level, as well as local, district-based organizations that can provide opportunities for AGYW.
The main tasks for this assignment are noted below.
1. Provide mapping and profiling of potential private sector partners in the context of DREAMS Economic Strengthening support to AGYW in 14 districts in South Africa
- Mapping national, provincial and district level partners as laid out in Addendum A
- Including organizations and government departments supporting wage employment, wage internships, technical and vocational skills training providers, as well as seed funding and business incubation opportunities
2. Map opportunities for engagement with other development partners at national, provincial and district levels that facilitate and advocate for private sector engagement and support for the vulnerable AGYW
3. Collect detailed information on the nature, scope, terms and level of engagement of the private sector in the current South Africa regulatory environment with a key focus on economic trends and how they will affect Economic Strengthening of the AGYW
4. Examine previous studies and past private sector engagements and linkages for the AGYW in the targeted districts of South Africa
5. DREAMS Ambassadors from each of the seven target provinces to collect information on the opportunities AGYW have identified themselves
6. Develop a mapping report that serves as a reliable reference tool for the respective ES implementors of the DREAMS program.
7. Present a structured plan and recommendations to strengthen collaboration and dialogue with the private sector entities in South Africa
8. Consultant to present an interactive workshop for CDS colleagues presenting the interim report results, findings and recommendations going forward
9. Update and finalization of interim report and database, following comments and input from the workshop and interim report reviews
Qualifications and Competencies:
- A Master’s degree in economics, development sciences and/or similar, relevant degree;
- A minimum of 5 years’ experience in youth economic strengthening, private sector stakeholder management and entrepreneurial capacity development;
- Experience in PEPFAR funded program an advantage;
- Comprehensive knowledge of current youth economic strengthening programs and linkages of youths to employment and entrepreneurial opportunities;
- Understanding and experience in private sector and stakeholder analysis for youth and economic strengthening opportunities;
- Previous demonstrated proficiency in consulting work, database compilation and report writing;
- Strong technical writing and Microsoft Excel, Word and PowerPoint skills for high quality documents and reports;
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills in English;
- Strategic thinking and analytical ability; and
- Ability to work under minimal supervision
Questions and Answers
Questions relating to this EOI will be accepted until August 19,2020 and posted on the website on August 21,2020. Questions should be addressed to firstname.lastname@example.org and ensure the subject line states “Private Sector Database for youth economic strengthening linkage opportunities”
Expression of Interest Submission Details
All Expression of Interest should be submitted by email to email@example.com by August 26,2020 South African time. Late submissions will not be considered. Please ensure the subject line states “Private Sector Database for youth economic strengthening linkage opportunities”.
The detailed Expression of Interest (EOI) entitled Private Sector Database for youth economic strengthening linkage opportunities is available on the Capacity Development and Support project website http://www.capacitydev.org