Amnesty International South Africa (AISA)
DURATION: 6 Months Fixed term (with possibility of renewal)
START DATE: As soon as possible
REPORTS TO: Media & Comms Officer
Support the delivery of the social media and digital content stream of the Media and Communications Strategy, as well as the Growth Strategy for Amnesty International South Africa (AISA).
This position supports in the creation, curation, management and dissemination of multimedia content via AISA social networks (such as Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, YouTube and TikTok), blogs and other digital channels In support of the Media and Communication as well as the Membership and Growth, Campaigns, and Research areas ensuring that AISA's digital reach Is engaging and Impactful and assisting to grow the movement In the country.
AMNESTY INTERNATIONAL SOUTH AFRICA PURPOSE:
Amnesty International South Africa (AISA) is a national human rights entity that is part of a global human rights movement. It was established to address national human rights priorities as well as create the possibility for people in South Africa to join Amnesty International’s global human rights movement. Our mission in South Africa is to address pertinent national human rights issues through research and campaigning, and to empower people living in South Africa to take action on issues that matter to them by joining Amnesty’s global movement.
- Multimedia and video content production for assigned campaigns, and digital communications activities.
- Write social media copy for Facebook, Twitter, Instagram and TikTok.
- Uploading content on digital content platforms and the Amnesty International South Africa website.
- To support the Media and Communications Officer regarding creation, curation and dissemination of content to AISA digital channels such as Twitter, YoutTube, Facebook, Instagram and TikTok.
- To support the Media and Communications Officer In developing engagement Initiatives and social content, helping grow AISA's online audience and brand.
- Work with the Membership and Growth team to support goals around growth, membership and activism.
- To help manage AISA's social channel's content calendar.
- To effectively carry out multi-platform community management In order to keep audiences engaged.
- To monitor the conversations on social media and respond when appropriate
- Others: To carry out other responsibility assigned to according to the grade and nature of the post.
SKILLS & EXPERIENCE
- At least 2 years working experience in a similar position
- Degree in Marketing, Media, Public Relations or Communications
- Proficient in Adobe Creative Suite
- Proficient in Microsoft Word and Outlook
- Proficient in social media platforms: Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, YouTube, LinkedIn, TikTok
- Knowledge of online community-building techniques
- Ability to create engaging material for social media channels
- Experience In visually curating content for social media channels
- Experience in Content Management System such as WordPress or any website management tool
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills with the ability to tailor communications to specific audiences
- Ability to Identify key trends and Interests across social media channels and AISA social media audiences
- Detail-oriented, creative, a storyteller
- Strong organisational and interpersonal skills
- Ability to work independently and in a timely manner
- Strong time management skills
Equality and diversity is at the core of our values and staff are expected to work collectively and individually to promote a constructive and sensitive approach to others from a variety of backgrounds, where the work of others is valued and respected.
CONFLICT OF INTEREST
Public or other activity, affiliation to or support for any group or organization, personal association or other factor which may generate a real or perceived conflict of interest with Amnesty International’s principles (specifically independence and impartiality), or raise a security concern, or otherwise prevent the candidate from carrying out key functions of the specific post and would therefore disqualify the candidate from being appointed.
TO APPLY: please email a one page application letter, your comprehensive CV with details of 3 contactable referees to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Amnesty International South Africa (AISA) reserves the right not to make an appointment if a suitable candidate cannot be found. While AISA thanks all interested applicants, only short-listed applicants will be contacted.
Please note that AISA does not request a fee at any stage of the recruitment process
Application Closing Date: 14 August 2020