IRD SA NPC
Organization: IRD SA NPC
Job Title: Data Quality Officer (DQO)
Location: Pretoria, Gauteng, South Africa
Employment Type: Fixed term contract
Reports to: The M & E Advisor: TB LON Project
Interactive Research and Development South Africa (IRD SA NPC) is a South African Section 21 not-for-profit entity and an affiliate of Interactive Research and Development Global (IRD Global), and has fully operational offices in Johannesburg, Pretoria (Gauteng) and in Durban (KwaZulu-Natal).
Purpose of the position
To support IRD-SA TB LON project data capturers on data collection, verification, back capturing, mentorship and in-service training and implementation of new systems, processes and procedures to improve data quality dimensions (Accuracy, Reliability, Completeness, Precision/Consistency, Timeliness, Integrity/Validity, accessibility, Confidentiality) within a facility and sub-districts in Tshwane Metropolitan Municipality.
Key Accountabilities (included but not limited to)
In your role as Data Quality Officer you will be accountable for:
- Data quality reporting requirements (collection, reporting forms/registers/systems and tools)
- Capacity building (Indicator definition, SOPs, Data management processes)
- Data quality/Integrity mechanisms and controls for continues improvement (QIP, verification and audit tools).
- Support roll out of TB LON data Tools.
- Lead a team of data capturers both roving and non-roving teams in selected district.
- Links with district/national and other reporting systems such as Tier.Net and Datim.
- Relevant post Matric, Data science, Computer Science, Business Administration or any equivalent qualification
- 2 years Health Data Management experience (DHIS, Tier.Net and Datim).
- Driver’s license and own motor vehicle.
Added advantage would be any of the following qualifications:
- M&E and or Data Science/ Management qualification or Administrative qualification linked with 2 years relevant health data management experience.
Experience & skills:
- 2 years’ experience in data/information management in a Health environment preferably USAID funded projects.
- Knowledge of DOH major policy directives and data flow programs.
- Knowledge of the public health system / Health systems awareness.
- Ability to prioritise and meet deadlines.
- Data Management Skills within health setting.
- Computer literacy (excel pivot tables).
- Numerical reasoning.
- Entry level analytics/ monitoring and evaluation.
- Facilitation and mentoring/capacity building.
- Programming and coding skills in SQL, Java or Python.
Interested candidates are welcome to apply, please provide two (2) current, relevant employment references. Submit a brief CV and supporting documents, indicating the job title in your cover letter and subject line on email to Lee-Anne Ogle: Human Resources Dept. @ fax +27 (0) 865722820 or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing date for applications: Friday, 14 August 2020
IRD SA is an equal opportunity employer