Just Grace NPC
Just Grace is a non-profit organisation that runs various community empowerment initiatives in Langa Township, Cape Town.
Just Grace is looking for a passionate person to join the team as a communication and administration officer.
- Implementation of the marketing strategy & communications calendar for the year, in collaboration with Business Development Manager and the Executive Director. This includes:
- Social media, Newsletter & Blogs, PR articles, events, interviews
- Management of the organisation's existing Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, LinkedIn pages & YouTube channel.
- Sourcing of social media topic content and writing daily posts, replying to comments and messages.
- Increasing social media reach on existing platforms, as well as suggesting how the Organisation can use various new platforms for gaining new followers, supporters and donors.
- Website management, updating of our Wordpress website.
- Writing blog articles and sourcing topic content for blogs in line with the strategy of our organisation.
- Writing/creating Mailchimp newsletters and fundraising appeals.
- Management of organisations Mailchimp account, sending regular email newsletters and fundraising appeals that align with the marketing strategy & fundraising needs.
- Management of the Organisations branded items (Brochures, Annual Reports, banners etc).
- Regular submission of articles and news to the media (Newspapers, Radio) in line with annual marketing strategy and current events.
- Collaborating with fundraising team on fundraising or marketing events.
- Managing the organisations photo & video library.
- Working with videographers and photographers to produce content for our fundraising & marketing needs, in collaboration with Business Development Manager and the Executive Director.
- Managing and updating our Forgood profile.
- Assisting the Executive Director with administrative work including:
- Calling, emailing and ad-hoc tasks.
- Relevant tertiary qualification or experience demonstrating competency;
- Fluency in spoken and written English. Fluency in isiXhosa advantageous;
- Experience working in the NGO environment advantageous;
- Creative and strategic thinking with an ability to manage implementation;
- Ability to work independently and to take initiative;
- Ability to convert experience into strategic insights;
- Computer literacy essential;
- Experienced on social media platforms;
- Skilled in Mailchimp and/or Wordpress is an advantage;
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills;
- Attention to detail and highly organised;
- Self-motivated and ability to take ownership of their role;
- Passion for community work and a positive attitude;
- Comfortable with travelling to or visiting programmes in the Langa township;
Shortlisted candidates will be requested to send examples of written work/articles/posts.
Remuneration: R6 000 – R10 000 per month, for 3-5 days per week. The candidate may work remotely for 60-80% of the time.
Email your CV and a cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line “Communication and Administration Officer”. Please indicate the hours you are available to work: e.g. 20 hours per week or 40 hours per week etc.
Kindly note that applications which do not meet the minimum requirements will not be considered
Note: only short-listed candidates will be contacted. Just Grace reserves the right not to appoint.
See www.justgrace.co.za for more info.