Save The Children
Job Title: Monitoring, Evaluation, Accountability and Learning (MEAL) Project Officer
Reports to: MEAL Advisor
Travel Requirements: Regular in support of project
Budget Responsibilities: Nil
Asset Responsibilities: Own assets and those used by others
External Representation: Regular information to others
Contract period: Fixed term
The MEAL Officer will act as a key resource person in the MEAL team, providing support to projects in developing and implementing MEAL tools and systems. The MEAL Project Officer will work closely with Project Managers, and Project staff.
1. MEAL plan development and roll-out
- Support the development of the project MEAL plan
- Ensure effective implementation of MEAL plan
- Support development and adaptation of data collection tools for project
- Train and support project staff in implementation of MEAL system and tools and ensure that this is used consistently
- Implement and enforce data quality systems and monitor data quality
- Organise and communicate data to project team and partners aligned to project indicators
- Implement data platforms including management of data capturing and verification
- Provide data collection oversight and support in line with research and evaluation plans
2. Project accountability and participation
- Support information sharing with key stakeholders, including children, ensure that projects promote transparency throughout all stages of implementation.
- Implement project complaints and response mechanism. Organise and communicate complaints and feedback to project team.
- Support project staff through raising of awareness and training on accountability;
- Promote learning in the project by coordinating with project staff to create a feedback loop so lessons learned through project reviews, monitoring activities and evaluations, are incorporated into program implementation and development.
- Support documentation of learning
- Support communication of learning from the project to partners and other stakeholders.
Person Specification: Essential
- University degree in Social Science, MEAL or similar
- Strong analytical skills
- Experience working with data sets
- Fluency in spoken and written English
- Advanced competence in MS Word, Excel
- Driver’s license
- Experience in implementation of MEAL systems
- Experience of working in the Development sector
Knowledge, Skills & Attributes
The incumbent must demonstrate the following skills:
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Effective verbal and written communication skills
- Honesty, discretion
- Sound work ethics
- Passion for the well-being of others, especially children
CHILD SAFEGUARDING STATEMENT
Save the Children South Africa has a zero tolerance towards the abuse and exploitation of children by any of our representatives, and we are equally committed to doing everything within our power to avoid unintended harm or accidents to children as a result of any of our activities.
Interested parties should submit their CV with a 1-page cover letter including the expected remuneration per month. Closing date for applications is the: 17th August 2020
All applications should be submitted by email to: email@example.com
Please ensure that the subject line states: Meal Officer MO01 Application
Should you not hear from us after two weeks from the closing date consider your application unsuccessful.