The Black Sash
The Black Sash’s mission is to work towards the realisation of socio-economic rights, as outlined in the SA Constitution 1996, with emphasis on social security and social protection for the most vulnerable, particularly women and children. We will, in the course of our work, explore options to significantly reduce poverty and inequality. They believe the implementation of socio economic rights demands open, transparent and accountable governance (state, corporate and civil society). To this end we will promote an active civic engagement by all living in South Africa and made possible by a strong and vibrant civil society comprising community based organisations, non-governmental organisations, coalitions and movements.
The Black Sash seeks to appoint a Regional Manager to be based in Western Cape Regional Office (WCRO).
Start date: immediately
Employment Type: Permanent
Remuneration: R 468,015.46
The overall purpose of the Regional Manager’s job is to establish Regional Human Rights work as a central component of the overall strategy of the organization with a focus on strengthening community based organizations and structures.
- Programme design, management and delivery (planning, monitoring and evaluation) align to the organisation’s annual strategic plan.
- Building strong partnerships and networks
- Human Resource Management
- Administration, finance management and fundraising
- Contribute to organization’s strategic direction, plans and policies.
- a post graduate degree in law or social sciences (preferable)
- or a degree in law or social sciences (with at least five years work experience)
- Sound knowledge and understanding of key issues in the area of human rights, poverty and inequality studies and broader development and political context in SA.
- Thorough knowledge of Constitutional law, Administrative law, Social Security law; Consumer law, Labour law and international and African human rights instruments and conventions.
- A minimum of 5 years working experience in the area of human rights
- A minimum of 3 years continuous project management experience (with a provincial, regional or national scope)
- A minimum of 3 years continuous staff management experience (teams of three people or more)
- Media liaison, advocacy, training & facilitation, (para)legal, monitoring, community development and/or policy and research experience would be valuable
- Excellent writing and verbal skills English ii) Excellent project management skills iii) Strong planning, organizational, strategic and analytical skills iv) Confidence with information and communication technology v) Communication skills in the predominant language of the region would be an advantage vi) Valid Driver’s License.
- The Black Sash is looking for a proactive, creative, ethical and accountable leader, who sets high standards, is able to work in a team, and has a passion for human rights, access to justice, development and empowerment.
Preference will be given to women in line with our Employment Equity Plan. The candidate will be based at the Cape Town Regional Office, but will be required to travel.
To apply, submit a CV, including three contactable referees,together with a letter of motivation to firstname.lastname@example.org or fax to 021 686 7168
Please quote the source of this advertisement in your application - NGO Pulse Portal
Enquiries: Mr. JS Marques
Tel #: (021) 686 6952
A full job description is available on request. For more information about the Black Sash, refer to www.blacksash.org.za. Only short listed candidates will be contacted. Should you not hear from us within a month from the closing date, please accept that your application was unsuccessful.
For more about Black Sash, refer to https://www.blacksash.org.za/
For other vacancies in the NGO sector, refer to www.ngopulse.org/vacancies