The Homestead Projects for Streetchildren
The Homestead Projects for Street Children,successfully transitions neglected and traumatised children away from the street, back home or on to successful independent living through a holistic set of prevention, outreach, stabilisation, residential care, and family reunification and youth transition programmes.
The Homestead seeks to appoint a Social Worker to be be based in Cape Town.
The purpose of this position is to find a person to be in its Drop-in Centre in Valhalla Park Cape Town. This position is dependent on continued DSD funding.
Remuneration: R15 500 per month (gross), plus provident fund. An Annual performance consideration may be paid depending on the performance of the organisation.
Start date: As soon as possible
- Provide daily psychosocial support to the neglected, abused, school dropout, and vulnerable children of Valhalla Park.
- Provide social work, school after-care, school attendance, crises and family intervention support services to the children attending the Homestead Drop-in centre.
- Do assessments, develop and manage IDP's and provide therapeutic services to neglected, abused, school drop-out, street children.
- Refer children to statutory services when necessary.
- Help coordinate and run the daily Drop-in Centre programme, including holiday programmes, parent training, etc
- Afrikaans as a home language and ability and willingness to work in the Valhalla Park community, do Home and school visits, etc.
- Drivers licence (a learners licence will not be considered)
- Degree in Social Work and valid/current SACSSP registration
- Fluency (written and spoken) in English, as well as Afrikaans as home language.
- Computer literacy Microsoft (Word, Excel, email, social media and the web)
- Willingness to complete a pre-employment Polygraph examination as well as to undergo in-depth reference and character checks.
- That your name does not appear on the Child Protection register and there is no reason why you cannot work with children.
- Two recent and contactable references, one of which must be work related.
- High energy individual, with a drive for detail, reliable, and able to work independently in the field and as part of a highly motivated team.
To apply, submit CV detailing your chronological work experience, two recent and contactable references (one of whom must be a previous employer), a motivation letter, and copy of your SACSSP registration and drivers licence to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please quote the source of this advertisement in your application NGO Pulse Portal
Applications that do not meet the above criteria will not be considered or responded to.
The Homestead believes in the development of staff and is willing to consider both experienced and inexperienced candidates depending on their character, ability and their drive to help children succeed.