The African Climate Foundation (The ACF)
The ACF is a new strategic grant making foundation focused on addressing climate change issues on the African continent. We are committed to shifting the narrative on development and finding novel solutions to complex African challenges. It is part of an influential network of strategic grant-making foundations and thought leaders in the field of climate change and development.
Working closely with the Executive Director, the Finance Manager is responsible for setting up the finance management function, running the day-to-day financial management and implementing related governance processes at The African Climate Foundation.
This is an exciting opportunity to become part of an energetic, growing team and build a dynamic finance function.
- Full financial management function, incl. governance, tax and compliance
- Manage financial and administrative systems (including payroll)
- Develop and ensure adherence to financial policies and operating procedures
- Transactional processing, accruals, and account reconciliations
- Payment processing
- Preparation of management reports and quarterly financial reports for Board
- Monthly payroll processing and statutory submissions
- Budgeting and cash flow forecasts
- Manage treasury function and banking administration
- Manage contracts with operational service providers
- Lead annual financial audit process
Donor and Grant Management
- Review of grant proposal budgets
- Financial due diligence procedures for potential grants
- Review of grant agreements for pre-approval
- Review of grantee financial reports
- Oversight of project financial management and reporting by implementing partners
- Preparation of donor financial reports and assistance with narrative reporting
- Assist in preparation of investments memos
Qualification and experience requirements:
- CA (SA)
- At least 5 years relevant post-qualifying experience
- Previous experience gained at a Start-up and/or Non-Profit beneficial
- Some experience or interest in impact investing desirable.
Competences and personal qualities required:
- Advanced systems and computer literacy (Excel, Xero and Simple Pay Payroll)
- Ability to work independently and under pressure
- Team player
- Strong Interpersonal Skills
The ACF is committed to equality and believe in diversity of race, gender, sexual orientation, religion, ethnicity, national origin and all the other fascinating characteristics that make us different.
Start date: Immediate
Contract Duration: 12 months with the possibility to extend
Salary: Negotiable depending level of experience and qualifications
Closing date: 14 August 2020
Applications: Send your CV to and 1-page motivational letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
The ACF’s website is currently under construction. To receive an information pack about our purpose and what we do, please contact email@example.com.
Please accept your application as unsuccessful if you have not heard from us by 31 August 2020