Internews seeks to appoint a Project Coordinator (Migration project) based in Johannesburg, South Africa
The position is situated within the Programs Department at Internews. The Project Coordinator is responsible for overseeing the overall program implementation and management of the project and contributing to the broader objectives of the organisation. This position is a fixed term contract for 7 months.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Duties and responsibilities include the following, but not limited to below (other duties may be assigned)
- Provide general oversight of the program, including program management, strategic vision, budget management, fiscal integrity, quality and timing of deliverables, and coordination with partners;
- Design, plan and execute trainings and other relevant program activities - both offline and online
- Responsible for overseeing and designing of training modules
- Manage Internews staff and consultants that provide technical assistance and mentorship to local media partners in SA and in SADC region
- Ensure proper oversight of a media trainer and consultants for the project, oversee financial/budget management and administration
- Write, edit, proofread, revise and assemble project reports and communication material for the program
- Coordinate with partners and program staff to ensure project deliverables are on track
- Assist the Program Director with project oversight, including financial tracking and progress towards program deliverables
- Provide field staff / local partners with support such as research, correspondence and procurement as requested
- Represent Internews to partners, other NGOs, funders, government officials and at events as requested
- Responsible for the Monitoring and Evaluation of the Project;
- Travel for project related events as and when required in SA and SADC region
- Responsible for establishing and managing strong partnerships with the appropriate partners in the area of migration
- Understanding of and demonstrated commitment to upholding Internews’ Core Values.
Skills and Competencies:
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Willingness to travel for program related events where needed
- Proven ability to multi-task and prioritize efficiently
- Proven ability to operate effectively in a multicultural environment
- Training and facilitation skills
- Monitoring and Evaluation
- Ability to listen, show patience, employ compassionate decision-making.
- Possess strong interpersonal skills and emotional intelligence.
- Ability to work in a team and in collaboration with different departments.
Qualification and experience:
- Minimum 5 years working experience in media development areas of project planning, management and implementation
- A relevant advanced degree in development, migration, journalism, international relations or communications or media
- Be knowledgeable of migrant rights and issues
- Experience in organizing journalists’ trainings, mentoring and or / webinars
- Experience in projects involving the media, civil society, xenophobia attacks and knowledge of migrant’s rights will be an added advantage
- Experience in managing USAID funding will be an added advantage
Please email your C.V and a one-page cover application letter to firstname.lastname@example.org no later than 5pm, Wednesday, 22 July, 2020