Centre for Communication Impact (CCI)
Job Title: Contracts and Grants Manager
Duration: Fixed Term Contract (October 2020 – June 2023)
Centre for Communication Impact (CCI) is a non-profit South African organisation based in Pretoria. We aim to be a centre of excellence in Strategic health and development Communication programmes that are centred around meaningful Community Engagement. CCI has been implementing Social and Behaviour Change Communication (SBCC) programs since 2004 .
Under the direct supervision of the COP and indirect supervision by the COO, the role will contribute to the project by ensuring that GBV Project staff are aware of all USAID contractual and compliance requirements, that these are implemented at the outset of the award and that requirements are observed. The role will assist in tender reviews and ensure that all contractors are compliant with donor requirements. The G&C Manager will assess the project activities, and sub awards for potential risks that may affect project deliverables and suggest remedial actions as required. They will administer all aspects of contracts, grants and agreement management from planning to project close-out. Key responsibilities include assisting with contract administration and compliance issues relating to the organization’s procurement, solicitation, compliance with USAID rules and regulations, and contracting functions as well as the administration of awarded grants, sub-agreements and contracts.
- Oversee the solicitation process, coordinating the review of applications, negotiations with applicants, selection of sub-recipients, facilitating donor as well as internal approvals and closeout of completed awards
- Oversee the award negotiations of selected sub-recipients and clarification of sub-agreement as well as preparation of award letters and negotiation memoranda
- Ensure sub-recipients and contractors comply with terms and conditions in the signed contracts/sub-awards
- Initiate and administer yearly contract and sub-award modifications and approvals such as lifting of specific conditions, scope adjustments, personnel changes, budget re-alignment, performance period and all related changes of sub agreements
- Coordinate and consolidate responses and requests to and from contracted clients and sub-recipients.
- Monitor and ensure compliance with all USG Rules and Regulations
- Provide quarterly compliance reports to the COP and COO providing assessment and progress as well as recommendations on corrective action required to achieve and/or maintain risk measurement.
- Ensures that CCI has a well-maintained document management system. Final documents filed adhere to compliance requirements, and information is secure but readily accessible.
- Report allegations of misconduct and investigates immediately any fraud indicators and reports them to the Senior Management Team, and or appropriate authorities, within 30 days after completion of the investigation.
- Support sub-recipients as needed.
- Ensure that all grant related documentation including reporting, deliverables and related financial/ technical documents are updated, completed and properly filed.
- Provide training and mentoring to partners on compliance with relevant rules, regulations, policies and procedures.
- In liaison with other GBV project staff, conduct site visits to partners to monitor compliance and provide guidance on any necessary corrective actions.
- Contribute to the development of systems, tools, templates, manuals, trainings, policies and procedures regarding contract management.
- Collaborate with the Finance department to prepare and update grants and subcontract pipelines to inform budget projections.
- Be a source to train other staff in standardized procedures for efficient sub-award management.
Qualifications and experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in Finance or Accounting or Administration or equivalent qualification.
- 5 to 10 years of experience in the administration of USAID Contracts and Grants.
- Extensive knowledge of USG Rules and Regulations.
- Possess skills necessary to formulate a risk assessment of individual sub-recipients portfolios.
- Excellent planning and organizational skills as well as strong initiation skills with ability to manage daily tasks.
- Ability to work independently in a fast paced environment, assess priorities and manage a variety of activities with attention to detail.
- Excellent at enforcing compliance.
- Excellent communication skills (oral and written), editing, proof-reading and presentation skills.
- Good computer skills (Microsoft Word, Excel and Outlook).
Interested candidates should forward a motivation letter and updated CV to CCI Human Resources at firstname.lastname@example.org Shortlisting will start on Monday the 17th of August 2020, Please note that the position will remain opened until filled.