(Bojanala – NW)
The Provincial Health Referral & Linkages Coordinator will play a pivotal role in developing, coordinating and supporting interventions to ensure functional bi-directional referral systems between communities, clinical services, and social service providers, increasing program reach to children living with HIV and AIDS.
Key Duties and Responsibilities
- Supervise Community Health, Referral and Linkage Officers;
- Provide direct support to ensure functional bi-directional referral systems in all districts by leading in partnership development with DOH at provincial, district and local level; PEPFAR district support partner and any other local health focused NPOs;
- Monitor success of the referral systems, and provide support to troubleshoot and problem-solve as needed;
- Conduct technical assistance and mentoring with DSD staff, NPO staff, project staff and health facility staff on effective bi-directional referral systems and case management;
- Coordinate case management and tracking for all children identified as HIV+ in selected provinces. Conduct follow up with staff to ensure that children identified as HIV+ are linked to a health facility and on antiretroviral treatment;
- Coordinate monthly feedback on caseload of HIV+ children to DSD staff, NPO staff, project staff and health facility staff for programmatic decision making;
- Jointly coordinate services including community outreach with HIV Testing and Counseling providers;
- Attend quarterly district level quality improvement meetings with relevant HTS stakeholders as required;
- Work collaboratively with Program and M&E teams to ensure all bi-directional referrals data is accurate, produced weekly, is used for decision-making to plan needs based interventions and ensure systematic follow-up of all cases of incomplete referrals;
- Promote and maintain teamwork and open communication for a motivated workforce across all project sites;
- Perform any other tasks as needed.
Education and Experience Required
- Minimum qualification is a General Nursing Diploma;
- At least three years’ experience in public health system;
- Experience with PEPFAR funded projects in South Africa is preferable;
- Able and willing to work flexible hours as needed and without constant or close supervision;
- Demonstrated leadership and team-building skills.
Only applicants possessing the prescribed minimum qualifications and experience are invited to submit their electronic CVs and application letters with a subject line “District Health Referral & Linkages Coordinator” to email@example.com
Pact reserves the right to verify all information provided by candidates including credit rating. Please note that correspondence will be limited to short listed candidates only and if you do not hear from us within 3 weeks after closing date kindly accept that your application was unsuccessful.