Centre for Positive Care (CPC)
PROJECT MANAGER/ PROFESSIONAL NURSEX1
The Centre for Positive Care (CPC) is a Limpopo based NGO operating in three provinces namely Limpopo, Gauteng and North West, with a vision that all clients receive high quality treatment, care and support proving their quality of life and productivity, it even supporting the National Strategic Plan of South Africa in reducing HIV, STI and TB ensuring greater participation and involvement of targeted beneficiaries in community systems strengthening and reproductive health and rights services.
CPC seeks to appoint one (1) professional Nurse who will be based in Capricorn District, Limpopo Province, and the person will report to programme Director.
- Grade 12, National Diploma / Degree in general nursing, community science
- Registration with the SANC as a professional Nurse
- Training of HIV/AIDS, STI, and TB
- 5 Years’ Experience in nursing
- Computer Literacy certificate / diploma
- NimART trained
- Dispensing Certificate
- A Valid Driver’s Licence C1
Role and responsibilities
- Preparation of outreach visits, ordering and control of stock
- Give health talks on STI, TB & HTS prevention and Screening of HTS, TB and STI
- Facilitate the optimal of assess, examine and diagnose patients clinical condition
- Work with Nurses and counsellors to ensure high quality counselling is provided to clients
- Ensure that the client’s information is accurately collected, maintained and responsible for keeping confidential information of the clients and maintaining confidentiality at all time.
- Proper referrals for all clients tested positive and suspects cases for TB and STI
- Report writing, coordinating interaction with Primary Health Care clinics and the appropriate referral of patience.
- Analysing symptoms and conducting specific examinations or conducting tests and physical assessments
- Interpreting or seeking clarity from clinical supervisor on specific test results and providing clients with an explanation on treatment sequence according to protocol, policy and guidelines.
- Making a Nursing diagnosis according to protocol and guidelines
- Prescribing/ administering the necessary medication/drugs in required dosage to control infection in line with policy guideline
- Implementing and integrating policy and programmes relating to PHC – women’s health, SRH, HTS, TB screening
- Consulting and managing HIV positive clients with opportunistic infection according to policy, protocol and guidelines – referring appropriately.
- Attending to Trauma and medical emergencies according to protocol, policies and Guidelines
- Attending to referrals from peer educators and Attending to follow up ART clients
- Forming support group for key population clients
Personal Attributes and skills
- Be a matured and ethical individual with high personal standards of trustworthy, honesty and accountable
- Be able and willing to occasionally travel
- Have excellent report writing skills
- Be self-motivated, able to work under pressure and deliver on deadlines
- Have passion to work with young adults
- Be able to work both alone and in teams
To apply, submit a detailed CV with a certified Qualifications not later than 3 Months and covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org, Note that late applications will not be considered. Please quote the source of this advertisement in your application “CPC Capricorn " on your covering letter. Closing date is on Friday: 10 July 2020 @ 16h00 PM.
NB: - Be informed that only shortlisted candidate will be notified, if you should not receive any response to your application from CPC within a month of this advert please consider your application as being unsuccessful.
Enquiries: Contact Lufuno Portia Mbedzi @ 015 963 5076
Location: Limpopo Province (Capricorn District).