DISTRIBUTION OF NUTRITIONAL CARE PACKAGES & DIRECT SUPPORT TO TB PATIENTS FOR EKURHULENI AND JOHANNESBURG DISTRICT
BID NUMBER: ISI2020-NPNP
Isibani Development Partners is a South African-registered NGO, launched in 2011 to become a leading local technical assistance provider, systems strengthening and grants manager for health and social service in Southern Africa. Our programs focus is on HIV, TB, Non-Communicable diseases and Capacity development for community-based organization and government departments.
Isibani Development Partners is one of the three Sub-Recipients of the National Department of Health (NDoH) appointed to implement Global Fund TB/HIV programmes from the 1st April 2019 to 31st March 2022. Isibani is mandated to implement a TB programme with nutrition programme support as one of the activities. The aim of the nutrition programme is to ensure that TB patients with either Drug Sensitive TB or Drug Resistant TB are provided with a food parcel during the treatment period or up to a determined period.
Isibani requires the services of NPOs to distribute nutritional care packs to households of TB patients within Ekurhuleni and Johannesburg Health District.
2. SCOPE OF WORK
The bidders are required to submit a bid proposal for the provision of the following services:
- To distribute the approved nutritional pack to the TB patients’ households
- Screen all the contacts of the TB Index cases and report to Isibani
- Provide nutritional counselling to the TB patients and their household members.
- Monitor treatment intake and provide treatment adherence support to the patients
- Refer and link HIV positive patients and children under 5years for IPT
3. THE PROPOSAL OF THE SERVICE PROVIDER SHOULD ADDRESS AND DETAIL THE FOLLOWING COMPETENCIES:
- Presence within the two districts
- Have personnel or Community Health Care Workers who will support the distribution of nutritional food packages
- Personnel should be well versed with TB and have basic counselling skills
- Have an existing working relationship with the Health Facilities
4. MANDATORY REQUIREMENTS
Service provider requirements for submission:
- Applicant must attend a virtual compulsory briefing session.
- Proposals must illustrate how the proposed activities will contribute to national, provincial and district priorities.
- NPOs must produce documented proof of their NPO certificate, which will be verified for validity with the Department of Social Development (DSD).
- Applicants must comply with the Public Finance Management Act (PFMA) to ensure sound financial management and accounting.
- Operate within the implementation’s districts listed above.
- Have demonstrated experience working with TB and TB/HIV in the district
- Have capacity to manage the supply of each food parcel to the patients.
- Ability to deliver food parcels door to door.
5. EVALUATION PHASE:
Bids will be evaluated in a two (2) phase stage
Phase 1: Bidders must satisfy the mandatory administration criteria for them to be evaluated further. Bidders who do not meet the criteria will be disqualified and will not be eligible for further evaluation.
Phase 2: Bid Scoring
|2||NPO validity with DSD||10%|
|3||Relevant Experience of Proposed Personnel||10%|
|4||Operate within the implementation district||10%|
|5||Capacity to manage supply||10%|
|6||Demonstrate experience working with TB and TB/HIV||10%|
6. CONTRACT REQUIREMENTS:
- The contract is valid for a period of 12 months (1 year) with a possibility of renewal.
- Distribution will occur weekly over a period of 12 months
7. ESTIMATED PATIENTS TO BE SERVED:
|District||Year 1||Year 2||Total Quantities|
8. SPECIAL CONDITIONS
- The selected NPO will receive a capacity assessment before the grant is awarded
- The contractor reserves the right to award according to the most economical service option submitted.
9. CLOSING DATE: 15th July 2020 at 16:00
All bid documents that address the requirements must be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org by July, 15th 2020 at 4pm South African time. Late submissions will not be considered. Please ensure the subject line states “Application – Distribution Nutritional Care Packages direct to TB patients’ households – ISI2020-NPNP”.
Compulsary Breifing Vitual Meeting to be held as follows:
Topic: Distribution Nutritional Care Packages direct to TB patients’ households – ISI2020-NPNP”
Time: July 06, 2020 14:00 PM Pretoria
Join Zoom Meeting
Meeting ID: 629 673 5396