mothers2mothers (m2m) is an Africa-based NGO that unlocks the potential of women to eliminate paediatric AIDS and create healthy families across eight sub-Saharan African countries. m2m trains, employs, and helps empower HIV-positive women to work as community healthcare workers in understaffed health centres and underserved communities. Through a peer-to-peer approach, these ‘Mentor Mothers’ deliver a range of health services, advice, and support to women and their families. Started in Cape Town, South Africa in 2001 with an initial focus on preventing mother-to-child transmission of HIV, m2m has innovated and built on its strengths and now provides family-centred support for a range of related health and social issues spanning pregnancy, birth, childhood, and adolescence. It also partners with governments and other NGOs on the adoption of its programme to spread the Mentor Mother Model and its benefits. m2m has a track record of scaling its services and proven impact. To date, m2m has reached over 11M women and children under two, and created more than 10,000 jobs for African women living with HIV. For more, visit www.m2m.org.
Country Director - Lesotho
The Country Director (CD) will strategically lead the development and implementation of the mothers2mothers (m2m) programme in Lesotho, and lead a multi-disciplinary country team, ensuring alignment to the m2m strategic plan and organisational direction. To ensure quality programming and organisational success, the CD will draw on resources from the Head Office departments of finance, human resources, communications, business development, operations, programmes and technical support. The position is based in Maseru and reports to the Senior Portfolio Lead.
Key Performance Areas
- Leadership and Management of m2m Lesotho
- Stakeholder Relations and Engagement
- Programme Delivery
Qualifications and Experience:
- Master’s degree in public health, social science, or related field
- Minimum of 10 years’ experience planning, managing, and monitoring RMNCH, PMTCT, HIV or public health programs at a national level
- At least 3 years in a management position, supervising senior staff, in an international or intercultural environment at the national / country level
- Demonstrated experience in monitoring project performance, using M&E data for program improvement. Ability to organize, analyze, and interpret program performance information.
- Demonstrated experience in planning, budgeting, and budget monitoring, and ensuring good stewardship of human, financial, and material resources
mothers2mothers is an equal opportunity employer. We particularly encourage applications from people living with HIV and AIDS (PLWHA), people with disabilities, women and previously disadvantaged people.
Competitive salary packages will be negotiable in accordance with m2m’s remuneration policies.
Interested applicants should apply for this position via https://www.m2m.org/careers/ by 03 July 2020.