Job ID: 2018202525
FHI 360 is a nonprofit human development organization dedicated to improving lives in lasting ways by advancing integrated, locally driven solutions. Our staff includes experts in health, education, nutrition, environment, economic development, civil society, gender, youth, research and technology creating a unique mix of capabilities to address today's interrelated development challenges. FHI 360 serves more than 70 countries and all U.S. states and territories.
FHI 360 is currently seeking qualified candidates for the position of Finance Manager on an anticipated five-year USAID-funded project in Eswatini. The anticipated USAID-funded Attain & Sustain 95-95-95, Prevent New Infections and Reach all Populations for Epidemic Control (ASPIRE) will be designed to, over 5 years, reduce HIV incidence and AIDS-related mortality in pursuit of epidemic control in Eswatini in alignment with GKoE's vision of an AIDS-free generation by 2022 and the National Multisectoral HIV and AIDS Strategic Framework 2018-2022. The position is contingent upon receipt of donor funding and will be based in Eswatini.
With oversight from the Director Finance and Administration, the position holder will be responsible for reporting to senior management on financial and budget targets. He/She will also be responsible for maintaining FHI 360 Eswatini’s accounting systems, providing technical and application support for the accounting system, and trouble-shooting issues relating to the system. Local nationals are encouraged to apply. This position includes a local benefits package.
- Provide support to the Director, Finance and Administration in the forecasting, monitoring and reporting of the operating and capital budgets and financials.
- Analyze and interpret financial data for the purpose of determining financial performance and projecting financial probability.
- Analyze budget patterns, project expenditures and prepares pipeline reports.
- Develop cash flow projections for the project.
- Ensure that expenditures for budgets, grants and contracts are monitored and the reports are prepared to maintain balance accounts.
- Administer the expenditure of funds, ensuring that funds are expended according to sponsoring organization’s stipulations and appropriate guidelines.
- Provide instructions and answer questions relating to budget procedures, provide budget recommendations to a wide range of issues including support to field offices.
- Assist in overseeing the preparation of monthly payroll and pension remittances.
- Provide support to the Director of Finance and Administration in managing implementation of custom changes to the accounting system.
- Apply accounting and auditing principles and techniques to ensure that data integrity, internal controls and audit trails are maintained throughout all transactions.
- Monitor budgets and financial reports for all implementing agency sub-agreements.
- Build the capacity of finance staff in financial management and reporting and provide professional support to them including identification of development opportunities that strengthen the organization’s Finance systems and processes.
- Analyze, develop, and monitor accounting/fiscal control procedures and program budgets.
- Ensure availability of funds by reviewing Final Cost Objective (FCO)/ Award ID Code requests and enter budgets into the general ledger system.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- BS/BA degree in Accounting, Finance and Business Administration or its recognized equivalent, and 7 – 9 years relevant experience OR MS/MA degree in Accounting, Finance and Business Administration or its recognized equivalent, and 5 – 7 years relevant experience.
- Minimum of 3 years in a supervisory role with experience in financial management and reporting.
- Familiarity with U.S. Government grants or other client funded programs, contracting and auditing standards as they apply to effective management of multi-year funds is required. Experience with USG contracts preferred.
- CPA, ACA, ICAN, CIMA, CFE or any other relevant professional qualification is required.
- Relevant software skills to include automated accounting software and database spreadsheets and Management Information Systems.
- Ability to work with others and to develop and maintain compatibility among project staff, subcontractors, and recipients of assistance.
- Demonstrated analytical skills in the interpretation of budgetary, financial and related management information.
- Ability to conduct complex system analysis studies involving financially oriented applications.
- Ability to effectively communicate financial and internal control issues to staff with little or no financial background.
- Ability to handle financial and quantitative information with accuracy and precision; resourceful in gathering, verifying and analyzing financial data.
- High degree of proficiency in written and spoken English communication, including presentation and report writing skills.
FHI 360 offers a competitive compensation package and is an equal opportunity employer. Interested candidates are encouraged to apply online as soon as possible – https://fhi.wd1.myworkdayjobs.com/FHI_360_External_Career_Portal/job/Mbabane-Eswatini/Finance-Manager_Requisition-2018202525
Kindly note that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.