Tekano is a health equity not-for‐profit organisation and one of seven (7) Atlantic Fellows Programme, funded by the Atlantic Philanthropies, based in Cape Town. It is built upon a commitment to the Bill of Rights and is rooted within the principles of the Alma-Ata Declaration. Its vision is for a more equitable South African society with improved health status across all populations and its mission is to foster dynamic, visionary, value-based leaders both individually and in catalytic communities of learning and action who articulate, convey and promote health equity.
Tekano seeks to appoint a Specialist Researcher and/or Context Analyst for a 3-month period. It would be preferable for candidates to be available to start immediately. While the position will be home based, it may involve limited national travel, pending the candidate’s location and lockdown regulations.
The purpose of the research and analysis is to investigate the social, economic, legal, policy, systems and organisational implications of the COVID-19 pandemic in South Africa, with a view to proposing measures or issues for consideration by Tekano in strengthening the Tekano mandate and programmes.
The successful candidate/s is expected to:
- Prepare a draft report to be presented first to the Tekano Programmes Team for their consideration, engagement and input.
- Prepare- a next draft for a series of strategic conversations with staff, Board, Fellows, partners, sending organisations, the broader Atlantic Fellows community, etc.on what this means for the future role of Tekano and the Fellowship offering.
- Conclude a second/final draft for presentation to a strategic session with the Board.
- Assist in framing recommendations for key strategic considerations on strengthening the Tekano mandate and programmes.
We invite individuals, a collective of people or an organisation/institution to submit expressions of interest for this call. Individual candidates and/or lead researchers must possess the following:
- At least 10 years’ extensive experience and understanding of the social and structural determinants of health with an express human rights and gendered focus
- Experience and expertise in transformational change initiatives and processes
- Strong work experience in a not-for-profit organisational context, with an excellent grasp of organisational change and development
- Excellent presentation, writing and analytical skills
- Clearly articulated proposal and methodology to undertake the call in a rapidly changing and fluid environment
- A strong work ethic, professionalism, and attention to detail
- An ability to conclude a good first draft of the research by the end of July 2020.
Should you be interested and able to support these deadlines, kindly send an expression of interest, along with a copy of your CV, a proposed budget and three work related referees to firstname.lastname@example.org by no later than Friday 12h00 midday of the 12th June 2020.
Further details on this call can be found at https://www.linkedin.com/company/tekano--‐health--‐equity--‐in--‐south--‐africa/
Any request for clarification must be sent in writing to the e-mail indicated above.