The Winnie Mabaso Foundation
The Winnie Mabaso Foundation was established to support vulnerable and orphaned children in South Africa, particularly those living with HIV.
Winnie Mabaso Foundation seeks to appoint a Social Worker to be based in Mid Ennerdale, Johannesburg for a small CYCC.
The purpoise of this position is to find a person to help out in a friendly and welcoming NPO in Mid Ennerdale, Johannesburg. They have a home for 23 girls.
Start date: Available from July 2020.
- Registration with SACSSP
- Minimum of five years experience in social work
- Experience working in a CYCC or Place of Safety
- Working knowledge of the Children’s Act and the relevant sections that apply to CYCC
- Excellent communication skills
- Efficient, professional, hardworking, administrative, punctual and neat
- Excellent Computer skills
- Understand challenges currently facing Child and Youth Care workers
- Proven ability to initiate, develop and establish intervention, therapeutic, development and/or child care programmes from scratch
- Ability to work well within a team
- Report writing skills and be able to multi-task several activities simultaneously
- Multilingual and proficiency in written and spoken English – knowledge of Southu/Zulu/Afrikaans would be useful but not essential
- Time management skills and be ability to work under a strict schedule
- Experienced in court placements and child protection services
- Understand CYCC Norms and Standards and relevant sections of the Children’s act, including maintaining and being accountable for statutory placements
- Knowledgeable on reunification processes
- Name not found on the Child Protection Register
- Valid driver’s license
To apply, submit a CV, proof of registration, proof of minimum requirements and two contactable references (one of whom must be a previous/current employer) to email@example.com.
Please quote the source of this advertisement in your application - NGO Pulse Portal
For more information about the organisation please look at www.winniemabaso.org
For other vacancies in the NGO sector, refer to www.ngopulse.org/vacancies