Aquity Innovations NPC
Position: TB Enrolled Nursing Assistant x108 (Sub-district level )
(Mpumalanga – Ehlanzeni District – Mbombela x12, Nkomazi x12, Bushbuckridge x12, Thabachweu x12)
(Eastern Cape – OR Tambo District – Nyandeni x12, Mhlontlo x12, Ingquza hill x12, King Sabatha Dalindyebo x12, Port St John’s Subdistrict x12)
AQUITY Innovations NPC, a Section 21 South African-based registered not-for-profit organization, was established in 2010. Our mission is to promote access to quality health and social services through innovations and technology. AQUITY’s programmatic focus areas include HIV, TB, health systems strengthening, capacity development Orphans and Vulnerable Children as well as other interventions targeting key populations.
Programme and Vacancy overview:
AQUITY Innovations NPC has been appointed by the National Department of Health to serve as one of the GLOBAL FUND TB Sub-Recipients (SRs) in South Africa. The project activities will be implemented in Mpumalanga (Ehlanzeni district) and Eastern Cape provinces. (OR Tambo and Buffalo City Metro districts). As such we seek to employ the following:
AQUITY seeks to appoint Enrolled Nursing Assistant x108.
Remuneration: Will be based on the government DPSA rate for similar positions.
Roles & Responsibilities:
The ideal candidate for this role will form part of a community outreach team, ensure proper screening, testing, linkage of TB clients to care and support services as well as facilitation of retention to care according to DOH guidelines. The incumbent will also ensure that TB clients are linked to a relevant facility and as well as community services.
Key Responsibilities Include:
- In collaboration with the Enrolled Nurse and Data Capturer, Enrolled Nursing Assistant TB Tracer will together with the community outreach team ensure proper tracing and linkage of TB patients to care.
- Providing information and education to the TB patients and their household/family on the essential need to complete treatment irrespective of clinical symptoms.
- Do home visits and community outreach to optimize treatment adherence amongst TB patients
- Tracing of TB patients who had interrupted treatment or had missed scheduled follow up appointments for monitoring sputum status
- Provide adherence support MDR –TB patients
- Mobilise and recruit community members to access X-ray mobiles services screening
- Conduct household visits and psychosocial support
- Perform other related duties as required for effective implementation of the GF project.
Education and Experience
- Grade 12
- Certificate in Enrolled Nurse Auxiliary registered with SANC
- Must have the knowledge of TB & HIV screening and testing services; tracing and linkage coupled with basic TB, HIV and adherence
- A minimum of 1 year working experience within a similar environment or any clinical setting
- Experience in working with outreach teams & providing health education
- A good understanding of referral systems and pathways as well as linkage and retention in care strategies
- Community TB screening will be an advantage
- Computer literacy is essential
- Clear criminal record
To apply, please send your CV and cover letter, indicating the position and district applied for, to email@example.com before the 2nd June 2020.
Please specify the sub-district you are applying for.
Please note: Only candidates who are eligible to work in South Africa for an indefinite period without a need for sponsorship will be considered for this position. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.