Molo Songololo was established as a direct result of interventions by community workers during the 1979 United Nation’s International Year of the Child initiative to act against Apartheid policies and State actions against children; and to promote the rights and protection of children. Children from forced removal and migration settlements in Cape Town such as District Six, Elsies River and Crossroads were brought together to interact with each other, share experiences and learn from each other to breakdown Apartheid barriers and promote children's rights and equality.
Molo Songololo seeks appoint a Social Worker in Western Cape.
The purpose of this position is to find a registered social worker that is urgently needed to provide social work services and manage their Child Protection & Victim Empowerment Programme for child victims of sexual abuse and exploitation, those at risk, and their families in Atlantis, Delft and Beaufort West and surrounding areas.
- Ensure effective social services for clients referrals, intakes, assessments, IDPs, counselling, therapeutic, empowerment sessions and ongoing support; re-integration, support clients through reporting, investigation and prosecutorial processes.
- Supervise 3 Social Auxiliary Workers and volunteers operating in Atlantis, Beaufort West and Delft, and the surrounding areas.
- Maintain client files intake forms, referral forms, process notes, assessment report, IDPs, progress and exit reports, client data, etc.
- Network with stakeholders for effective referrals, support and collaborations.
- Conduct public education to prevent child sexual exploitation
- Manage and maintain resources, petty-cash and effective record keeping.
- Monitor & evaluate progress and provide regular monthly & quarterly reports.
- Have at least 5-years’ experience in working with children and families
- Registration with the South African Council for Social Service Professionals
- Clearance Notice – The Child Protection Register & Police Clearance
- Driver’s Licence and able to drive a manual vehicle
- Able to travel, work and supervise SAWs in Atlantis, Delft & Beaufort West
- Knowledgeable on the Child Law in South Africa, including those related to sexual offences and child sexual exploitation
- Good computer, report writing, communication and multi-lingual skills
- Be of good standing and fit to work with children from 12 – 17 years
- Provide an updated CV plus 3 recent references
- Available to start immediately
Forward CVs to email@example.com
Please quote the source of this advertisement in your application - NGO Pulse Portal
For more information on SARCS visit https://molosongololo.org/history
For other vacancies in the NGO sector, refer to www.ngopulse.org/vacancies