PROVISION OF NUTRITIONAL FOOD CARE PACKAGES FOR EKURHULENI AND JOHANNESBURG DISTRICT
BID NUMBER: ISI2020-PPFP
Isibani Development Partners is a South African-registered NGO, launched in 2011 to become a leading local technical assistance provider, systems strengthening and grants manager for health and social service in Southern Africa. Our programs focus is on HIV, TB, Non-Communicable diseases and Capacity development for community-based organization and government departments.
Isibani Development Partners is one of the three Sub-Recipients of the National Department of Health (NDoH) appointed to implement Global Fund TB/HIV programmes from the 1st April 2019 to 31st March 2022. Isibani is mandated to implement a TB programme with nutrition programme support as one of the activities. The aim of the nutrition programme is to ensure that TB patients with either Drug Sensitive TB or Drug Resistant TB are provided with a food parcel during the treatment period or up to a determined period.
Isibani requires the services of a service provider for the provision of pre-packaged food parcels and its delivery to facilities within Ekurhuleni and Johannesburg District.
SCOPE OF WORK
The bidders are required to submit a bid proposal for the provision of the following services:
- Procuring and packaging the food items as per the approved list.
- Delivering to appointed CBOs offices for distribution to patient households.
THE PROPOSAL OF THE SERVICE PROVIDER SHOULD ADDRESS AND DETAIL THE FOLLOWING COMPETENCIES:
- Demonstrate an understanding of statutory legislation and requirements relating to supply of nutritional food parcels
- Indicate a track record of performing similar functions on a larger scale on behalf of other institutions or organisation.
- Experience of working in Ekurhuleni and Johannesburg Health districts.
- Have skilled personnel and financial management systems to track the delivery, billing and payments of invoices.
- Bid must be submitted on/ or before deadline.
- Bidders must provide a B-BBEE Status Level 2 or better. Certificate (where preference points are claimed) (Original or Certified Copy).
- Bidders must submit the Tax Clearance Certificate for confirmation of Value Added Tax (VAT) and other Tax related matters.
- The service provider must submit a profile of the entity which includes but is not limited to the following:
- Name, structure and strategies,
- Names and identity numbers of all directors, chief operating officers,
- Business, products and/or services which the entity is trading,
- At least 2 signed testimonials from previous contractors/clients.
- Certified copy of registration certificate with CIPC or proof of ownership/ shareholding.
- Proof of bank account.
Bids will be evaluated in a two (2) phase stage
Phase 1: Bidders must satisfy the mandatory administration criteria for them to be evaluated further. Bidders who do not meet the criteria will be disqualified and will not be eligible for further evaluation.
Phase 2: Bid Scoring
|2||Prior Experience (management and similar contract)||15%|
|3||Proposed Contract Management||15%|
|4||Proposed Delivery Schedules||15%|
|5||Sense of Reliability and Continuity of Supply||5%|
- The contract is valid for a period of 12 months (1 year) with a possibility of renewal for an additional 12 months.
- Distribution will occur weekly over a period of 12 months
MANDATORY/ PRODUCT SPECIFICATIONS:
Food parcel contents (per parcel):
|Morvite Breakfast Cereal||1kg|
|Imbo Red Speckled Sugar Beans||4kg|
|Trinco Tea Bags||200’s|
|Selati White Sugar||2kg|
|Salt - Fine||1kg|
|Pilchards||400g X 6|
Food parcels specifications:
- Parcels should be pre-packed using durable packaging
- Parcels are to be labelled according to Isibani’s requirements
- Expiry dates of the food parcels should be clearly marked on the packaging
- Non-perishable items should have a minimum of 3 months to the expiry date
ESTIMATED QUANTITY REQUIREMENTS:
|District||Year 1||Year 2||Total Quantities|
|Ekhuruleni/COJ District||3 000||3 000||6 000|
Bidders are required to submit their pricing.
Prices should include unit prices that take into account the following elements:
- Labelling of the food parcels
- It is expected of the Service Provider to be able to procure the food parcels upfront and claim back amount paid from the contractor. The bill (invoice) to the contractor should be in two parts, namely, monthly invoice for the actual food purchases and the administration fees.
- The contractor reserves the right to award according to the most economical service option submitted.
CLOSING DATE: 5 June 2020 at 17:00.
All bid documents that address the requirements must be emailed to email@example.com by June, 5th 2020 at 5pm South African time. Late submissions will not be considered. Please ensure the subject line states “Application – Nutritional Food Care Package – ISI2020-PPFP”.