The Youth Bridge Trust (YBT)
The Youth Bridge Trust (YBT) is an innovative organization, based in Johannesburg. The Trust aims to create opportunities for young people to be successful in the workforce, develop livelihood skills and further their education, through partnerships and collaborations. The Trust has a regional focus and is developing programs and partnerships throughout Africa. As a grant-making body rather than an implementing entity, the Trust funds grantees whose programs and projects align to the vision and mission of the Trust.
Youth Bridge Trust seeks to appoint a Fundraising consultant to be based in Johannesburg.
Start date: Immediately
The purpose of the position is to find the services of a suitably qualified and experienced fundraising consulting firm with requisite leadership and technical skills and to source funding from potential funders, donors and partners. The successful bidder will also be required to identify and secure, in collaboration with YBT leadership, key stakeholders with whom the YBT could partner. They will also be required to create a fundraising strategy and an implementation plan.
- The Fundraising Consultant (s) will be required to provide the following services as a minimum
- Funding Strategy:
- Identify eligible and innovative funding solutions and strategies for the Trust. This includes the identification of possible revenue streams, available grants, donors, benefactors, partnership, patrons, etc.
- Present the Fundraising Strategy to YBT management.
- Donors, funders and stakeholder identification
- Identify potential funders and donors, nationally and internationally, including the public and private sector donor and grant funding market.
- Fundraising plan and fundraising campaign
- Develop a fundraising action plan inclusive of a marketing plan and a list of potential investors and funders to engage with.
- This should include:
- Define the objectives and approach to fundraising in line with the Trust’s vision and its strategy.
- Develop a detailed project implementation plan
- Determining realistic fundraising goals and state how much can realistically be raised for each option and in what timeframe.
- Define marketing materials that might be required and associated costs
- Facilitating funding related engagements between YBT and potential funders and donors.
- Providing quarterly reports on the work completed, or as required by the Trust
- Developing funding proposals in consultation with YBT Leadership and according to the requirements of the appropriate funding authority, upon approval of the fundraising plan
- Developing and submitting proposals and applications to prospective, funders and donors,
- Identifying and connecting with new donors, support for donor meetings and follow up, tracking progress, and development of materials, scripts & other related support materials.
- Excellent communication and writing skills.
- Knowledge of international donor space as it relates to youth development in Africa.
- Description of experience and success in raising different sources of funding including grant funding, donations any other funds for development.
- Provide a schedule of past and current successful similar fundraising services.
- Experience in raising funds from international donors or grants will be an added advantage.
- Provide a list of client references of institutions that demonstrates experience in providing services similar in the scope required by this RFP.
- Provide samples of fundraising material, including the fundraising plan and sample of progress reports.
- Provide an executive summary which describes the services that will be provided and how the firm will address the needs, objectives and requirements outlined in Scope of work.
- This response should include a detailed description of the approach or plan to be used. The plan should demonstrate an overall understanding of the Scope of Work to be performed and will be judged on clarity, comprehensiveness and presentation of materials in a thorough, concise format.
- Demonstrable understanding of the proposed activities and programmes and beneficiary communities; and an ability to interpret this understanding and knowledge into effective fundraising communications.
- Demonstrate knowledge of the national and international donor and grant market in the youth development sector.
- Demonstrable knowledge and understanding of the key stakeholders in the youth development market in South Africa and the continent.
- Provide samples of fundraising material, including a sample of a fundraising plan and progress reports.
- Provide a timeframe for the fundraising campaign.
Who can apply:
Only legally registered organizations, consortia of registered organizations as well consultants
Provide proposed fundraising fees at a fixed cost plus a percentage incentive for going above the funding target.
Please submit all proposals to Seth@youthbridgetrust.org
For more about, The Youth Bridge Trust refer to https://www.facebook.com/youthbridgetrust.org/
To view other opportunities, refer to www.ngopulse.org/group/home-page/other-opportunities