Established in 2004 through a merger between the Wildlands Trust and the KZN Conservation Trust, the WILDTRUST, a Non-Profit, Public Welfare Organisation, has a formidable reputation as one of South Africa’s preeminent environmental organisations delivering sustainable and innovative impact to communities across South Africa and along the Southern East Coast of Africa. With a substantial annual fundraising track record, their aim is to bring about sustainable climate mitigation and adaptation in both marine and terrestrial spheres, through the empowerment of communities across our WILDOCEANS and WILDLANDS programmes.
With their terrestrial and marine conservation expertise, under-pinned by their implementation and deep rural community development experience, they believe they are well positioned to play an essential role in rebuilding South Africa post Covid-19 and in supporting the country’s mitigation of and adaptation to the ongoing impact of climate change. Striving for a better, more sustainable and regenerative future, they have embarked on a series of important changes and new ways of working that will sharpen their focus and streamline their offering, bringing them closer to the communities that need them the most. At this pivotal point in their journey, they are now seeking additional Trustees to broaden and deepen the expertise of their Board to help them achieve their goals.
The new Trustees will be expected to augment existing Trust expertise in supporting and providing integrity and governance of the highest rigour. They will be expected to share the passionate values of the organisation, be willing to make a strategic hands-on contribution in their area of expertise, have a good understanding of non-profit organisations and working in communities, and will bring a strong impact focus and a commitment to teamwork. Most importantly Wildtrust is looking for dynamic individuals with a fresh and innovative way of thinking that can guide them into a new era of the Trust. Along with an unwavering commitment to the environment and community development in Southern Africa, you will bring a track record of senior leadership in at least one of the following areas of expertise:
- Climate Change mitigation & adaptation Environment and/or Biodiversity Conservation or Science.
- Terrestrial and/or Marine Legal & Social/Environmental Justice Finance, Risk, Accounting and/or Tax Management Marketing, Communication, Branding & Campaign Development Technological Solutions and Digital Platforms Non-profit Governance.
- Community Development and/or Environmental Current or recent vibrant youth activist trying to move the needle in pertinent national and global issues.
- The board is made up of Executive and Non-Executive Trustees, who oversee the purpose and governance of the Trust, holding the WILDTRUST CEO accountable for the actions and performance of the organisation.
- The Trustees are expected to attend at least two to four regular board meetings a year, as well as to contribute to sub-committee and ad hoc meetings between these formal sessions.
If you are interested in the opportunity and feel that you are suitable for the role, then they would really like to hear from you.
Please apply by 31 May by emailing your CV and a cover letter to The Chairman, Mr Andile Ncontsa – firstname.lastname@example.org. Selection for this role will be done through a panel interviews on a date to be determined.
Please quote the source of this advertisement in your application - NGO Pulse Portal
Remuneration: The role is voluntary and unremunerated. Reasonable travel expenses will reimbursed Duration: Term of 3 years minimum, eligible for reappointment for a period not exceeding a maximum of 9 years Location: South Africa Closing date: 31st May 2020 (late applications will be disregarded) We are committed to achieving greater diversity on our board, and welcome all applications regardless of sex, gender, race, age, sexuality, belief, disability or geographic location. WILDTRUST reserves the right to vary the requirements and not to fill these positions. Should you not receive a response within a month kindly consider your application unsuccessful.
For more about Wildlands Conservation Trust, refer to www.wildlands.co.za
For other vacancies in the NGO sector, refer to www.ngopulse.org/vacancies