Saide is a non-governmental organization conducting projects throughout South Africa and sub-Saharan Africa. Saide's task is to contribute to the development of new models of open learning, including the use of distance education methods, educational technology and open educational resources. Saide, a well-established, highly professional non-profit organization, supports policy makers, systems and educational providers to increase equitable access and success to quality lifelong learning.
Saide seeks to appoint a Programme Specialist to be based in Johannesburg.
Remuneration: will be commensurate with skills and experience.
Employment type: Full-time contract position until 31 December 2022 with the possibility of extension.
The purpose of this position is to lead and contribute to a range of its innovative education initiatives. In particular, the incumbent will take on a major role in leading and managing the Siyaphumelela Network, where Saide acts as the backbone organization among partner and participant universities to develop capacity, create and offer services, tools and systems to promote student success on the basis of evidence.
- be the deputy leader and manager of the Saide Siyaphumelela team
- oversee the Siyaphumelela network services and regional network meetings
- take responsibility for the Siyaphumelela conferences
- contribute to strategic planning from an informed knowledge of student success practices.
- Contributions to a range of Saide initiatives could include learning design mediated by technology for large scale provision, mobilization of partners in educational transformation, project leadership, applied research and programme evaluation.
- A relevant Honours or Masters qualification, at least 10 years of experience in higher education,
- South African citizenship or permission to work in South Africa,
- willingness to travel, at least in South Africa.
- Key skills and attributes:
- ability to engage with people at all levels at universities
- self-directed, flexible and accountable
- excellent English communication and report writing skills
- strong project management skills
- continuous learning in field of specialisation
- strong work ethic, professionalism, and attention to detail.
Keen to promote access and success in higher education in South Africa?
Please quote the source of this advertisement in your application - NGO Pulse Portal
For more information about Saide, log on to https://www.saide.org.za/
For other vacancies in the NGO sector, refer to www.ngopulse.org/vacancies