Lawyers against Abuse (LvA)
Lawyers against Abuse (LvA) is an NGO based in Diepsloot, an informal settlement in northern Johannesburg. They provide integrated direct legal and psychosocial services to victims of gender-based violence (GBV), which includes sexual violence, domestic violence and child abuse. LvA also works closely with local state actors and other community-based organisations to address broader systemic issues that lead to violence and allow it to persist.
LvA seeks to appoint a Social Worker based in Diepsloot, Johannesburg.
Employment Type: On a full-time basis on a fixed-term contract from 1 June – 15 October 2020
Start Date: 1 June 2020
Remuneration: Negotiable, based on experience and qualifications.
- Facilitate individual and group therapy sessions for LvA clients
- Work closely with LvA’s legal team to implement integrated services model
- Build and maintain relationships with partner organisations and other stakeholders
- Facilitate case management of clients as needed
- Support development and facilitation of GBV workshops as needed
- Write reports and update client database
- Degree in Social Work required
- Current SACSSP registration
- Experience working therapeutically with trauma and/or gender-based violence and/or other vulnerable populations in both individual and group settings
- Experience working with children, adolescents, adults and families
- Minimum of three years’ community-based work experience; work in informal settlements highly preferred
- Competencies required:
- Fluency in isiZulu, Sepedi and/or Tshivenda
- High levels of flexibility, strong leadership skills and a clear sense of purpose
- Demonstrated ability to work efficiently, both individually and in a team
- Strong writing skills
- Ability to exercise discretion and maintain the confidentiality required
- Strong computer skills, especially with Microsoft Office suite
To Apply: Interested applicants should submit a CV and motivation letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please quote the source of this advertisement in your application - NGO Pulse Portal
Late applications will not be considered. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for an interview.
To know more about Lawyers against Abuse, refer to www.lva.org.za
For other vacancies in the NGO sector, refer to www.ngopulse.org/vacancies