Desmond Tutu HIV Foundation (DTHF)
The Desmond Tutu HIV Foundation (DTHF) is a registered non-profit organisation focused on the pursuit of excellence in research, treatment, training and prevention of HIV and related infections in Southern Africa.
The Clinical Nurse Practitioner will be responsible for day to day nursing functions within a research-related environment.
DTHF seeks to appoint a Clinical Nurse Practitioner to be based in Philippi village.
Employment type: One year fixed term contract
The purpose of this position is to find a talented person wanting to realize their full potential. Could that be you? If so, they are invite you to explore the possibility of joining them to play your part in Desmond Tutu HIV-Foundations’ exciting future.
- Nursing Degree or Diploma and current Registration with the South African Nursing Council (SANC) as a Clinical Nurse Practitioner
- Dispensing Licence
- At least 2 years nursing experience
- Preferably be a female applicant
- Knowledge of study protocol / regulations
- Knowledge of HIV, and Sexually transmitted infections
- Excellent Computer literacy (Ms Office)
- Excellent verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills
- Fluent in English and isiXhosa
- Ability to work well under pressure and to maintain effectiveness during changing conditions
- Ability to work harmoniously with youth of diverse backgrounds and sexuality
- Client focused
- Administration skills
- Must be able to work as a member of a team
- Attention to detail
- Decision making skills
- Problem solving skills
- Building interpersonal relationships and partnerships
- Planning and organising skills
- Stress tolerance
- Resource management
- Flexible working hours including weekends as required
- At least one year research experience
- Good Clinical Practice (GCP) certification
- Human Subjects Protection (HSP) certification
- Previous work experience in HIV research, sexual health, or with adolescents
- A working knowledge of an adolescent friendly clinical environment
- Valid Driver’s licence (Code 08)
- Values fit: Passion Innovation Progress Integrity Respect Excellence
- Providing a welcoming and supportive environment for all clients regardless of age, race, gender or HIV status
- Maintaining strict client confidentiality
- Providing pre- and post-test counselling, as well as risk reduction counselling, for clients
- HIV testing
- Pregnancy testing
- Obtaining blood and urine samples, labelling and request relevant test
- Performing other client care procedures as required
- Entering data on electronic device.
- Communicating with clinics and other NGOs
- Assist with quality Control (QC) checks
To apply, quote Job reference, submit CV, motivation letter with certified copy of highest qualification and details of three (3) current contactable referees to: Attention HR Manager Jobs@hiv-research.org.za by 10th April 2020 Job reference: #DTHF/C006. Incomplete applications will not be considered. Only on-line applications submitted via our jobs portal will be considered.
Please quote the source of this advertisement in your application - NGO Pulse Portal
NB: Only short-listed candidates will be contacted. We are committed to equity in our employment practices. It is our intention to appoint individuals with the aim of meeting our equity objectives. We reserve the right not to appoint if no suitable candidates are identified.
I understand and accept that, by applying for this role, I authorise Desmond Tutu HIV Foundation in its capacity as employer, to access my personal information stored, and to utilise said information for recruitment purposes for this role.
This job may be removed before it expires.
If you have not heard from us within two weeks after the closing date please consider your application as unsuccessful.
Desmond Tutu HIV Foundation is a child friendly organisation committed to the protection of children.
For more about the Desmond Tutu HIV Foundation, refer to www.desmondtutuhivfoundation.org.za