WildAid is a small, lean, and growing organization. All staff members must be comfortable in an entrepreneurial, start-up culture. Strong project management skills and the ability to prioritize multiple, often competing demands is critical. The successful candidate must be able to work very independently without a great deal of supervision. S/he must also have excellent interpersonal skills to influence and collaborate with staff, volunteers, and pro bono partners. Familiarity with environmental advocacy and wildlife protection programs will be an asset.
WildAid seeks to appoint a Social Media Consultant to be based in Johannesburg.
Reports to: Africa Program Director
The purpose of this position will be to find a highly-organized, multi-tasking, entrepreneurial self-starter. s/he will be responsible for taking WildAid’s social media in Africa to new levels of outreach and engagement. S/he will work closely with Program staff to design new initiatives and to produce a steady flow of social media outputnn, based on baseline assessments with measurable targets. Spread the messaging “Poaching steals from us all” in Africa (primarily to younger audiences). This position will seek to do a few things really well, rather than trying to cover every social media outlet, noting that these outlets and audiences may evolve rapidly. The SMC will map out different channels for audiences at different stages.
- Create compelling and engaging content for WildAid’s social channels
- Distribute materials and PSAs via social media channels in Africa
- Monitor trends in social media tools, platforms, and strategies
- Actively test, analyze, and report on social performance using appropriate measurement tools
- Manage and moderate audience engagement across platforms
- Monitor & engage with community, quickly responding to queries and escalating support issues in a timely manner
- Understand, record and report on key social platforms and metrics
- Key Competencies & Ideal Profile:
- They seek an innovative, resourceful go-getter who is experienced in developing effective social media outreach and is an effective communicator and advocate. The ideal candidate will have a track record on growing an online social media presence in Africa. This individual will further be inspired by the opportunity to play a pivotal role in WildAid’s efforts to end the illegal wildlife trade in Africa.
- Ideal candidates will have five or more years of increasingly responsible roles in social media communications, preferably at a fast-paced, growth-oriented organization. S/he will have an understanding of the social media universe - including new tools and trends within Facebook, YouTube, Twitter, Instagram, Pinterest, etc.; will be well-versed in the use of social media platforms: and will have experience using social media analytics tools. An understanding of the African social media landscape is a plus.
- Minimum of five years related work experience
- Excellent writing and editing skills
- Experience in new media
- Personal qualities of integrity and dedication to WildAid’s mission
- Desirable Qualifications
- Experience working in international conservation
- Bachelor’s degree in marketing, communications, public relations, journalism or related field is desirable.
Please send your CV and cover letter to email@example.com.
No phone calls please. Due to the high volume of applications, only those chosen to interview will be contacted.
Please quote the source of this advertisement in your application - NGO Pulse Portal
For more about Khulisa Social Solutions, refer to https://wildaid.org/
For other vacancies in the NGO sector, refer to www.ngopulse.org/vacancies