UVIWE Child & Youth Services
Uviwe Child & Youth Services is a registered child protection organisation (as per Children's legislation). The organisation has as its primary objective the creation of a caring society, protective of children's rights, while focusing on the development of children and youth to improve their quality of life and to reach their full potential as economically active citizens. A special focus is maintained regarding orphaned, ‘at risk’ and vulnerable children, child victims of crime, children in alternative care placements, as well as pre-school development (ECD), however such focus is not exclusive by nature.
UVIWE seeks to appoint a Teens Programme Coordinator to be based in Schauderville and Gelvandal.
The purpose of the position will be responsible to oversee and manage the design, implementation and monitoring of the impact of, Integrated life skills (drama, art, music, sport), psycho-social and parenting programmes for TEENS (age 8-15 years). Programmes are implemented at 2 centres in Schauderville and Gelvandale.
Performance management experience is essential to ensure effective output and consistent performance of 8 youth facilitators, a social worker and social auxiliary worker.
- Oversee and ensure the successful design and implementation of life skills, psycho-social and parenting programmes for TEENS from 2 communitie centres.
- Effective HR Management, performance monitoring and team output of 8 youth facilitators and social worker/social auxiliary worker must be ensured by the Coordinator
- Financial Management (ensure that programmes are delivered on time, within available budget, meeting funder requirements)
- Monitoring and evaluation (monitor annual targets, funder requirements, quality of programmes and submit relevant documents)
- Administration and reporting (programme files, statistics, standard operating procedures, financial requisitions, monthly reports etc.)
- Networking and relationship building to ensure partnerships where relevant
- Must have a valid driver’s license
- Minimum of 2 years management experience
- Must be computer literate and have a working knowledge of MS Office (Word/Excel/Powerpoint)
- Prior experience in the design, implementation and monitoring of the impact of integrated teens development programmes/life skills will be essential
- Experience in project management is critical, especially to work independently in a multiple funder environment
- Financial acumen, budget tracking and strong administrative skills
- Must be fluent in English with good communication skills
- Prior experience in writing standard operating procedures
- Must have prior experience in performance management
- Strong people management skills and experience in working with virtual or field work teams
- Must be an independent and self-driven professional person
- Must be able to cope with different funder requirements and be adaptable to a changing work environment
- Must be able to work in a management team, with direct liaison with finance & HR functions’
- Must have prior work experience in the non-profit or development sector.
Send your CV to email@example.com (For attention: Suana Jordaan)
Please quote the source of this advertisement in your application - NGO Pulse Portal
For more about Uviwe, refer to www.uviwe.org.za
For other vacancies in the NGO sector, refer to www.ngopulse.org/vacancies